| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Favourite Shakespeare play and why? https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | jojo17 [ Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Favourite Shakespeare play and why? |
Hi all, I'm writing an article on Shakespeare. I was wondering if anyone would mind stating their name, age and location (names can be nick names if you don't want to reveal too much) and name your favourite Shakespeare play and a few words or sentences as to why. (you don't need to have read all his plays)... As of yet, I haven't pitched this article so it's not being commissioned, but if it does, I would choose the best answers, it's really to show an appreciation to Shakespeare |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Favourite Shakespeare play and why? |
| Author: | Pam [ Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Favourite Shakespeare play and why? |
We did a version of 'Romeo & Juliet' at school & I've also read it! I've also seen lots of versions of 'West Side Story' which came from that. Have also read 'Midsummer Nights Dream'! (A long time ago though!) |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Favourite Shakespeare play and why? |
Did a couple at school half a century ago and that's it. |
|
| Author: | SOT [ Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Favourite Shakespeare play and why? |
Needing to pretend you understand and enjoy Bill's works is another one of those pieces of the art world's 'emperor's new clothes' pieces of high snobbery. If you don't like it, you must be thick. It drives me mad!! I visited theatres scores of occasions over the years. On average, I love a third of stuff I see, enjoy a third and wish I had stayed in bed one third. I am not afraid to say when I don't like something - even to those performing it. I am not a huge Shakespeare fan - in fact I would not choose to go to such a play. It doesn't make me thick, but you would think so in some circles, where I really do believe many simply lie in fear of humiliation. All art is (or should be) utterly dependant on personal taste. The book you love, might never reach my coffee table even if it was on sale for 10p at a charity shop. And the music I love would may result in you thinking your CD player had gone wrong. Indeed, one lazy persons unmade bed, can be a brilliant piece of contemporary sculpture (apparently!!). |
|
| Author: | Pam [ Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Favourite Shakespeare play and why? |
True! Don't think I'd read Shakespeare now! |
|
| Author: | jim [ Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Favourite Shakespeare play and why? |
thee and thy hadst and wouldst not my language |
|
| Author: | Pam [ Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Favourite Shakespeare play and why? |
| Author: | jim [ Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Favourite Shakespeare play and why? |
Mind you I did live down his road for a while opposite Central avenue |
|
| Author: | gmr [ Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Favourite Shakespeare play and why? |
Jon wrote: :oops: I think maybe no one on here has actually seen a Shakespeare play... I haven't. His work doesn't seem to get turned into films and musicals quite as much as Dickens's! Some municipalities subsidize young actors to put on ` Shakespeare in the Park ' . Very good entertainment on a warm summers day and the acting is very good. Ann and I have also been to Stratford , Ontario, to see various plays including Shakespeare and thoroughly enjoyed them. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|