WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Scary road....
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1775
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jon [ Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:41 am ]
Post subject:  Scary road....

This is amazing. Sure it's not the world's most dangerous road, I've seen worse on Youtube, but it's fascinating....



Author:  Kremmen [ Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Scary road....

A40 Target flyover ? :D

Author:  Jon [ Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Scary road....

I thought is was Harlington, over the M4?

Author:  SOT [ Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Scary road....

I drove some of that route last year - on a less windy day thank goodness - but it was still spectacular.

It is a spectacular recent addition to the countries road network, but not the most amazing road in Norway.

They have a road tunnel which is 15+ miles long, another which you enter at sea/fjord level and it spirals up and around for ever before discharging into the snow capped mountain several 100metres above. They are now planning a cruise ship size tunnel to join two fjords and stop a perilous journey around some rocky headland

But this was the most amazing road I found there. It was much quieter when I drove it, but I did have to negotiate a significant mudslide half way up which was challenging in a 2 wheel drive automatic car!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHJBJVWCvBo

Its an absolute pleasure to drive in Norway, despite the weather and hideous prices!!

Author:  Admin [ Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Scary road....

That video is similar to one I watched last night of lorries negotiating mountain roads in Pakistan. The only difference is the Norwegian road has a surface, is just about wide enough, has barriers and the vehicles using it aren't hideously overloaded, 30 years old, held together by bits of string and driven by teenagers smoking hashish to steady their nerves.

Author:  Moley [ Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Scary road....

I wouldn't fancy this one:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boKsbF-ONzk


Author:  Jon [ Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Scary road....

Ha ha.... I watched that too the other night. Frightening, and I really wonder whether the people in that video fully appreciate the danger they're in.

Author:  Jon [ Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Scary road....

Good giref! The things people do!!!!!!!!



Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/