WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Pop. (or Jim to you.....)
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1724
Page 1 of 1

Author:  magicshaz [ Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:19 am ]
Post subject:  Pop. (or Jim to you.....)

My dad Jim. It has been a roller coaster of a year to say the least. And I don't want to go into detail -dad was a private man for all his "yah yah" as I called it. I first met Jim (or Dad
as I preferred to call him) when I was a few hours old (none of those dads in delivery rooms malarky when I was born in nineeteenhundredandfrozentodeath.... That wuz fer wimmin!!). A man who never resorted to smacking, maybe a semi tone raise in voice level - but that was enough. He was the first man to ever love me, unconditionally. And the first man I ever loved, certainly the most enduring love. I have his wit, his eyes, his mouth, sadly his legs but thankfully not his feet! He allowed me to grow and find who I am. At 53, when I was in a fix and reluctantly asked him for help he said "no matter how old you are, you will always be my little girl".... Mum and I had nicknames, mum was Big Plob and I was Little Plob.... Then along came my sister Sam when I was 11. She had difficulty saying my name and called me WAH which dad decided he too would call me, and so for the last 40 odd years I have been Wah!!. Dad loved taking on the authorities....and armed with his knowledge and using his arguments I too have "got off" parking fines and congestion charges The man did learn me well!!!. lol. Jim was Jim. He was funny, witty and stubborn. If he wanted to wear red trousers and a green shirt...he darn well would. In fact thinking about it.....I got his dress sense too :( . He loved boats, so much so he grew a beard so people would call him Captain Birdseye. To that end, and because he was a staunch supporter, A.Cains are collating donations to RNLI in his name up to 19th Sept. Or the funeral director on the day at his FUNeral. Dad wouldn't want anyone being glum and would be quite coy at the lovely messages being left "what me...?" he would say. He was humble that way. We as a family are torn between joy that he is free and sadness that he has gone. Rest assured dad.... I will never forget you, i will remember you everytime I look at my legs !!! Love you Pop, always have and always will. Xxx nb. It was good to see Pop's pictures on the site -especially his Captain Birdseye days.

Author:  Jon [ Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pop. (or Jim to you.....)

Thanks Shaz. We're thinking of you all.
xx

Author:  Kremmen [ Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pop. (or Jim to you.....)

Fantastic post :D

After all the fun we had with Jim over the years I never realised he was so much into boats.

Author:  Brian [ Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pop. (or Jim to you.....)

That is the most moving post, thanks magicshaz.
I would hope that my kids think the same of me.
:D

Author:  ARTFTE [ Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pop. (or Jim to you.....)

Image

Author:  Jon [ Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pop. (or Jim to you.....)

He'd love that Artfte!!

Author:  grandaddes [ Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pop. (or Jim to you.....)

hahahahaha, nice Shaz, what a great way to put it, your right, he wouldnt want any sadness, or people to be glum, he would find something to laugh about in all this.

he certainly took the 'dress code is optional' to new hights, he wore some lovely little numbers to work, so lovely they made us dizzy lol, now looking back i can clearly see where 'you' got your dress sence from all those years ago, sadly i cannot make the 'party' but will be thinking of him and you all during this sad time.

quiet a few within PG remember him, and all pass on there happy thoughts of him, cos he was one nice funny bloke

Author:  magicshaz [ Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pop. (or Jim to you.....)

Sunny days in Dorset
Mad days on the sea,
just some of the memories
You had made with me.

Snowy days at Cranford.
The Thames at Maidenhead.
The funny rhyme you recited
When getting me out of bed

Boats and jeeps and camper vans
Were unusual for Longmead Road,
But you had "Fairy Nuff" and "Pedro",
"Vivanti" and "Pushton Toad"

At 53 you told me
"You're still my little girl"
But now you have gone and left me,
My world is in a Whirl.

Sleep peacefully in Heaven
Find succour with your God.
You will always be my daddy....
You cantankerous old sod.

......Love you Pop xx

Author:  edwinnobby [ Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pop. (or Jim to you.....)

I never met Jim personally but I did know his wife as a young girl attending Townfield School which now seems an eternity ago. With all the kind and amusing comments noted here by his long time friends, I must say I am surprised that apart from one comment by his son , there has been no mention of her. Therefore I will pass on my sincere condolences to her for her loss at this time.
Kind thoughts from a school friend of yester-year. Nobby.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/