| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Tim Vine https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1694 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Rich Kid [ Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Tim Vine |
Comedian and actor Tim Vine won the funniest joke award at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe this year. He specialises in one-liners such as those below; Quote: ‘I decided to sell my Hoover, well it was just collecting dust.’ ‘I went to the doctor’s. I said: “Whenever I pass from one country to another, I have to get drunk.” He said: “You’re a borderline alcoholic.” ‘ ‘I saw Arnold Schwarzenegger eating a chocolate egg. I said; “I bet I know what your favourite Christian festival is.” He said: “Have to love Easter, baby.” ‘ ‘Exit signs? They’re on the way out!’ ‘Velcro? What a rip-off!’ ‘Crime in multi-storey car parks. That is wrong on so many different levels.’ ‘I’ve just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I’ll tell you what, never again.’ ‘I saw this advert in a window that said: “Television for sale, £1, volume stuck on full.” I thought: “I can’t turn that down.” ‘Conjunctivitis.com – that’s a site for sore eyes.’ ‘I had a dream last night that I was cutting carrots with the Grim Reaper – dicing with death.’ ‘So I rang up British Telecom and said: “I want to report a nuisance caller.” He said, “Not you again.” ‘ ‘Albinos – you can’t say fairer than that.’ ‘I saw this bloke chatting up a cheetah and I thought: “He’s trying to pull a fast one.” ‘ ‘A friend of mine always wanted to be run over by a steam train. When it happened, he was chuffed to bits.’ ‘I wanted to be a milkman, but I didn’t have the bottle.’ ‘I said to the gym instructor: “Can you teach me to do the splits?” He asked: “How flexible are you?” I said: “I can’t make Tuesdays.” ‘ ‘I rang up my local swimming pool, I said; “Is that the local swimming pool?” He replied; “It depends where you’re coming from.” ‘ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00dFzPbzOws |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tim Vine |
How DOES he think them up??? |
|
| Author: | Marian [ Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tim Vine |
Seeing these clever one-liners has jogged my memory that I used to enjoy writing one-liners (or maybe more) as well. Not as good as those though. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:02 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tim Vine |
Those one liners are brilliant |
|
| Author: | Marian [ Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tim Vine |
.. |
|
| Author: | Father Ted [ Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tim Vine |
Another Vine gem ''Walked into the pub last night and my mates said, we were just talking about you'' ''You discussed me!!'' |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tim Vine |
I just wish I could remember all these! |
|
| Author: | Marian [ Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tim Vine |
I wrote a songwriting article which was published in a magazine which had a lot of members, famous and not so well-known. I was surprised, but obviously pleased, when favorable comments were made about it. The title, which was a bit like a one liner caused special amusement. Some time later, I heard a very famous person in the music-business making a speech and he made the same 'joke'. It received applause and laughter from the audience. It does seem like a nice compliment if it had been remembered. |
|
| Author: | davrob [ Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tim Vine |
Are you going to tell us what the joke was? |
|
| Author: | Marian [ Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tim Vine |
I am going to try to find the magazine with the article in it. To me, it was more a 'play on words' rather than a joke which was why I put it in inverted commas when I mentioned if before. Out of context it would very likely go down like a lead balloon. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|