| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| who remembers... https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1680 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Jon [ Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:21 am ] |
| Post subject: | who remembers... |
... the first time they saw a colour TV and the first time they had one at home? |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: who remembers... |
Me I remember seeing one at a sort of home exhibition in Manchester and I remember Radio Rentals delivering one and the first colour program we saw was Garrisons Guerillas. Must have been about 1967/8 (and 17:00 ish on a Saturday). The home exhibition had a camera focused on a multi colour parrot on perch with a nearby telly all in glorious colour. Quite good considering it was then in its infancy. |
|
| Author: | rexy [ Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: who remembers... |
I can remember the first time I saw black and white TV, it was on some kind of reflecture screen from in the set, about 1945. |
|
| Author: | SOT [ Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: who remembers... |
Mine was in a laundrette in Yiewsley High St (opposite Tescos Home & Wear - which is now Dades). It was awful. A dreadfully blurred picture and fuzzy lines that stayed on the screen seconds after the subject had moved. I was really disappointed and confidently predicted that nobody would ever buy them. OK, I admit, I may have been a tiny bit wrong on that one! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|