WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Pile-Driving in Hayes
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1602
Page 1 of 2

Author:  ARTFTE [ Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Pile-Driving in Hayes

Did anyone else hear the Pile-Driving last night .It went on till after midnight .Was anyone able to pinpoint where it was comming from .I am sure they are breaking the Law

Prohibited times for residential noise
An electric power tool, chain or circular saw, gas or air compressor, pneumatic power tool, hammer and any other impacting tool or grinding equipment.
Monday to Friday: before 7 am and after 8 pm.
Weekends and public holidays: before 9 am and after 8 pm.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong

Image

Author:  Kremmen [ Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pile-Driving in Hayes

I had instance to report a neighbour last year who was having some major building work done. she went on holiday in her caravan and the work started out 7 days a week, 10 hours a day. Continual heavy noise from power tools.

I contacted the council and they told me they have to finish by 13:00 on a Saturday and no work at all on a Sunday that emits construction style noise. They came round on the second Sunday and put a stop to it. Fortunately anonymously.

As it happened it went on for 6 weeks instead of the planned 5 weeks which cost her extra according to her when she got back. I didn't let on I'd complained but I did tell her that she was quite unpopular also considering their trade vehicles often blocked the road.

I never queried Mon-Fri as they were usually silent by 18:00 and didn't start till 08:00 most of which I was at work

Author:  rexy [ Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pile-Driving in Hayes

I built a fishing 'camp' in Louisiana, it sits on 60 foot piles 14 feet above ground, they vibrated the piles in, hardley any noise just a humm, 30 feet sq and 2 stories, we spend a lot of time there, great views and great fishing close by.

Author:  ARTFTE [ Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pile-Driving in Hayes

rexy wrote:
I built a fishing 'camp' in Louisiana, it sits on 60 foot piles 14 feet above ground, they vibrated the piles in, hardley any noise just a humm, 30 feet sq and 2 stories, we spend a lot of time there, great views and great fishing close by.

Image

Author:  SOT [ Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pile-Driving in Hayes

Artfe: Could it have been anything to do with that huge steel rail bridge which is being installed in the Swallowfield way/ Stockley area? The noise from rail engineering is not subject to the same restrictions as u and I

http://www.crossrail.co.uk/news/article ... o-heathrow

Author:  Robongar [ Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pile-Driving in Hayes

this is how its done:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mbUYBOslRY

Author:  rexy [ Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pile-Driving in Hayes

Great stuff, not a momentum wasted, same principal.

Author:  SOT [ Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pile-Driving in Hayes

its still bloody noisy!!

Author:  Robongar [ Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pile-Driving in Hayes

SOT wrote:
its still bloody noisy!!



Turn the volume down.... :lol:

Author:  Jon [ Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pile-Driving in Hayes

Incredible!!!! As are loads of the other vids I ended up watching (when I should have been working!!)

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/