WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

greetings from somerset
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1547
Page 1 of 2

Author:  vlad the impailer [ Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:38 pm ]
Post subject:  greetings from somerset

morning all,things move slowly down here,just got my interweb going and the sun is out :lol:
loving it here so far,the locals are friendly and the air is a lot fresher,2 miles from the beach....deep joy.

Author:  SOT [ Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: greetings from somerset

vlad the impailer wrote:
2 miles from the beach....deep joy.


If you in Weston-Super-Mare that may mean 4 miles from the sea!!!

Good luck with your move and new life there. I am very jealous as we have friends in Somerset and it's (mostly) lovely. Please dont come on here too much and gloat ;)

Author:  Father Ted [ Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: greetings from somerset

B*****d!! :twisted:



Give our regards to the English ! :)

Author:  Kremmen [ Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: greetings from somerset

Glad your enjoying it.

I've got some decisions to make next year after I've retired.

Author:  vlad the impailer [ Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: greetings from somerset

the sea does actually come in twice a day :lol: .
yup,so far so good,i sold my place in the smoke and have plenty left over after buying this place,i even bought a new (to me) car and said goodbye to my old faithfull "brian".
there are jobs down here tho the money is lower but so is the cost of living,all the big shops and services etc and a lot easier to get around. ;)

Author:  Jon [ Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: greetings from somerset

You lucky thing!

Author:  vlad the impailer [ Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: greetings from somerset

not luck really,i worked hard :lol: all my life and the opertunity came so i took it.
it is a bit of a leap into the unknown and could still go pear shaped but,if you never try you will never know :roll:

Author:  Jon [ Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: greetings from somerset

Oh! I thought you were down there for the weekend!

Author:  Kremmen [ Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: greetings from somerset

My issue is that I've spent 30+ years getting this place just how I want it:

Crazy paved garden with 3 small planters.
Built in furniture to save space and dust crevices (bedrooms, kitchen, lounge).
All decorated and carpeted.
Once I take the car out of the powered garage it converts within seconds to a mini workshop.

I have within walking distance:

Tesco
Doctor
Dentist
Post Office
Fast food shops
Frequently served bus stop

Very hard decision. My In-Laws live in Malvern which is very nice but a nightmare to get about as they can't drive any more and nothing is 'local'.

best of luck on the decision to move out and I hope it works :D

Author:  SOT [ Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: greetings from somerset

Kremmen wrote:
My issue is that I've spent 30+ years getting this place just how I want it:

Crazy paved garden with 3 small planters.
Built in furniture to save space and dust crevices (bedrooms, kitchen, lounge).
All decorated and carpeted.
Once I take the car out of the powered garage it converts within seconds to a mini workshop.

I have within walking distance:

Tesco
Doctor
Dentist
Post Office
Fast food shops
Frequently served bus stop

Very hard decision. My In-Laws live in Malvern which is very nice but a nightmare to get about as they can't drive any more and nothing is 'local'.

best of luck on the decision to move out and I hope it works :D


That is almost exactly my position.

I have added a loft extension and kitchen extension and all rooms are well decorated. The garden is small but is just what we want and I am currently building a half brick/half timber shed/workshop (no, not a beds in sheds - although that could be profitable!!)

Like you Kremmen, I have shops and public transport nearby (the tube & 24hr coach to London) and work in central London doing a job I simply would not be able to find in the sticks. We have friends in Dorset and it is very very tempting to join them- but I just dont think I could bear the work and money to make our home as it is now - plus I actually like London and what it offers, so wouldnt want to be that far from it

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/