| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Bulls Bridge Thursday Eve https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1304 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Kremmen [ Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | Bulls Bridge Thursday Eve |
Anyone know what was going on at the Bulls Bridge roundabout yesterday about 16:00 to 17:00 ? I travel North so it didn't affect me but I could see a chicane of Plodmobiles filtering all southbound vehicles into a single lane and scouring them at the southern end of the By-Pass just at the roundabout. The tailback was all the way back to the Yeading roundabout and beyond towards the White Hart so I guess it had been going on a while. |
|
| Author: | Moley [ Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Bulls Bridge Thursday Eve |
No idea what the cause was on this particular occasion but long tailbacks at Bulls Bridge roundabout are a sad fact of life throughout the day. When I was working shifts at the airport I would avoid it like the plague, knowing full well I would be held up for at least 20-30 minutes on the by-pass, waiting to get through the ridiculous set of traffic lights on that junction. The Hayes By-pass was just another example of short term planning in my opinion. A proper north-south route through the borough to the worlds busiest international airport should consist of flyovers and underpasses to keep the traffic flowing, not a series of traffic light controlled roundabouts guarenteed to bring everything to a standstill. Still at least they managed to squeeze in another tesco superstore. I have just been looking at the plans for the proposed new Asda store on the old Westlands site. That should do wonders for local traffic, especially North Hyde Road which of course funnels into .......Bulls Bridge roundabout. I would love to sit on some of these planning committees. On second thoughts. .... |
|
| Author: | Westonman [ Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Bulls Bridge Thursday Eve |
Moley wrote: No idea what the cause was on this particular occasion but long tailbacks at Bulls Bridge roundabout are a sad fact of life throughout the day. When I was working shifts at the airport I would avoid it like the plague, knowing full well I would be held up for at least 20-30 minutes on the by-pass, waiting to get through the ridiculous set of traffic lights on that junction. Moley, The aims of planning committees today can only be understood once we appreciate that 'planners' today are governed by the UN's Agenda 21. The purpose of Agenda 21 is to restrict our freedoms, to centrally control us, to deprive us of all intelligent thought and actions that would improve our lives. Agenda 21 is intended to make private transport as difficult and as expensive as possible by the use of bus lanes; incorrectly phased traffic lights; numerous, and frequently unnecessary, pedestrian crossings; speed humps; sight restrictions at road junctions; chicanes; 20 MPH zones; parking restrictions; aggressive paid-on-results traffic wardens; in fact anything that will hinder the free-flow of traffic, whilst at the same time ramping up the cost of private transport. The Hayes By-pass was just another example of short term planning in my opinion. A proper north-south route through the borough to the worlds busiest international airport should consist of flyovers and underpasses to keep the traffic flowing, not a series of traffic light controlled roundabouts guarenteed to bring everything to a standstill. Still at least they managed to squeeze in another tesco superstore. I have just been looking at the plans for the proposed new Asda store on the old Westlands site. That should do wonders for local traffic, especially North Hyde Road which of course funnels into .......Bulls Bridge roundabout. I would love to sit on some of these planning committees. On second thoughts. .... It amazes me that local authorities and other public bodies have little difficulty in employing the kind of people who will willingly make life as difficult as possible for their fellow citizens. A state of affairs that really does say a lot about the very sad condition of the human heart. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|