WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Investments....
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1255
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jon [ Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Investments....

Someone just sent me this. I've no idea if it's true:


Interesting facts on investments:


If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you
would have £49.00 today

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would have
£33.00 today.

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you
would have £0.00 today.

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Northern Rock three years ago, you
would have £0.00 today

But, if you had purchased £1,000 worth of beer one year ago at Tescos,
drank all the beer, then taken the aluminium cans to the scrap metal dealer,
you would have received £214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily &
recycle.

Author:  Pam [ Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Investments....

:lol:

Author:  Kremmen [ Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Investments....

I can remember going into the Halifax and being prompted by the counter assistant that I was due a financial revue.

Not having had one before I accepted and a lunchtime appointment was arranged.

The woman looked at my Halifax accounts and reckoned I was losing out and that I should put the bulk of my money into higher rate stocks and shares accounts. I asked if they were the accounts where they advertise that your money can go down as well as up.
She got quite upset when I said that we wanted accounts with published guaranteed positive interest rates.

She produced loads of facts and figures about the comparative actual interest earnings on the accounts she was pushing.

That was early 2008 and if I'd followed her advice we would probably still be out of pocket.

I now tell them that if I'd followed their previous advice I'd have lost thousands so I'll do my own revue :)

Author:  Sunshine [ Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Investments....

I'm off to buy beer :D

I got nagged at on the phone by somebody from my bank asking me to buy some sort of stocks and shares - I just told them I'd think about it and never rang them back.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/