| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Scott's ****** Oats https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1027 |
Page 1 of 4 |
| Author: | Jon [ Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Scott's ****** Oats |
OK... I'd like to invite you all the tell me what the missing word is. DON'T LOOK at the box if you have one. |
|
| Author: | Batty bat [ Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Scott's ****** Oats |
Porage. Although, I haven't seen a box for years. |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Scott's ****** Oats |
porridge |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Scott's ****** Oats |
2 entries so far... more please! |
|
| Author: | Pam [ Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:18 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Scott's ****** Oats |
Are you questioning the spelling Jon? If so, hubby and I discussed this way back when we first noticed the weird spelling they are using , as I always remember as a kid it being spelt as Sunshine has spelt it! But it seems to have been spelt 'Porage' for ages now! |
|
| Author: | Pam [ Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Scott's ****** Oats |
Just remembered that ages ago when we were discussing it, hubby said that he was sure it was always Scott's 'Porage', so I've just done a bit of googling and it appears that he was right! BUT don't fret! We are all correct! Quaker Oats spell theirs as 'Porridge'! (So I reckon that's what I had as a kid!) PS The dictionary says that the correct spelling is def. 'Porridge' though! |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Scott's ****** Oats |
I always buy Mornflake Oats (easy to cook in the microwave) and they spell it "porridge" I wonder why Scott's have to be different? |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Scott's ****** Oats |
Frosties |
|
| Author: | Pam [ Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Scott's ****** Oats |
Toast! |
|
| Author: | Pam [ Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Scott's ****** Oats |
So it does look like they've always been 'Porage' and even kept the spelling when taken over by Quaker! http://www.scottsporage.co.uk/the-scott ... ritage/#10 |
|
| Page 1 of 4 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|