News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Electric Charges
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:24 pm
Posts: 17
No wonder the utility companies are making such HUGE PROFITS I have just received my last 3 months electric bill it was £1097.00 and thats not including gas, how some people manage I just don't know. Roll on the summer at least then we only get wet and not cold.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Electric Charges
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
How much ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm paying £29 a month for lecky and £44 a month for gas.

Direct Debit, British Gas, duel fuel. I've been on numerous comparison sites and BG do quite well so I stick with them.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Electric Charges
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:24 pm
Posts: 17
I always have had quite high utility bills but this ones just seems over the top, my wife has just reminded me that we had a new digital meter in October,questions to be ask I think.!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Electric Charges
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
Oh my goodness!! That can't be right Mike, but then I'm amazed by yours Kremmen too. I used to pay about £80 a month each on direct debit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Electric Charges
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
We pay £103 per month for both electric and gas combined. We don't have a tumble drier, electric cooker or immersion heater and I rarely do any ironing (just thought I'd get that one in)

Are you sure that bill is correct Mikebat? It's an awful lot


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Electric Charges
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
MikeBat wrote:
No wonder the utility companies are making such HUGE PROFITS I have just received my last 3 months electric bill it was £1097.00 and thats not including gas, how some people manage I just don't know. Roll on the summer at least then we only get wet and not cold.



You may want to check thing like the fridge is working properly. E.g getting cold, then switching off. Has the washing machine got an electric water heater and has been switched on accidentally. Do you have a freezer? Is it set to its lowest temp? How long since it been defrosted? It seem like something is on and shouldn't be.

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Electric Charges
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:50 am
Posts: 21
I'm in a four bedroom detached house on a fixed price until 2014.I have insulated walls and roof area.I'm with Scottish Power,I pay between £108/£116
per month,this is for gas and electricity also boiler service once a year and breakdown cover which I have used last year and cost me nothing.
I'm running two fridge/freezers,washing and drier.Seems to me you need to have your meter checked,perhaps you are growing something special
in the greenhouse. :o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Electric Charges
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Do you have your actual meter readings ?

I keep a spreadsheet and on average I'm sure I'm paying 51p for a unit of gas and 13p for a unit of electricity (I'm in the office so I'll confirm those figures over the weekend).

Using those figures I can, near enough, work out what my next bill is going to be.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Electric Charges
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
Our supplier asks me for readings on a monthly basis by email so we always know how much we owe.

Are you sure your neighbours aren't using your supply?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Electric Charges
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:24 pm
Posts: 17
I have recently changed to Scottish Power and do my own meter readings thanks for all suggestion will try them all


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke