| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Van v Teenager = London Ambuance Win https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1003 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | SOT [ Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Van v Teenager = London Ambuance Win |
I witnessed a 13 year old collide with a van at Hillingdon Circus this afternoon. God knows where the young lad's head was, but is was not connected to his eyes as he seeming cycled without looking across the three lanes Freezeland Way (was the A40). The van driver did his best to avoid the lad, but struck him full on pushing the bike some 15ft into the middle of the junction & forcing the lad up and over the bonnet before crashing down on his un-helmeted head from about 4ft up in the air Thanks (not) to two idiots who tried to run me over as I crossed the junction to this help the lad and shocked driver. He had a huge bloody lump on his head within seconds. But although full of denial of his pain ( "I am OK") he did agree to an ambulance being called as he'd had quite a bump. And 10/10 for the LAS, as an ambulance car was there within 6 or 7 minutes of the 999 call and the paramedic listened respectfully to what I told him I had seen, before starting his survey of the lad. A proper 'scoop and run' ambulance arrived in another 3 mins At a time when the media (and lets be honest, all of us) seem to criticise so easily, I thought I would post a more positive post about when a much respected public service gets it right. Mind you, God knows what happened when he eventually got to Hillingdon Hospital |
|
| Author: | Pam [ Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Van v Teenager = London Ambuance Win |
Well done to you as well SOT! |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Van v Teenager = London Ambuance Win |
Yes , well done. I wonder if we'll hear any more ? |
|
| Author: | SOT [ Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Van v Teenager = London Ambuance Win |
I had a text from his mum (I had tried to phone her as he had no credit, so she had my phone no) and she said he was relatively well, but had been taken to St Mary's in Paddington and was to be detained overnight. I was pleased as it was quite a knock to his head That seems quite a long way as the A+Es at Hillingdon, Northwick Park, Ealing, Central Middlesex, Ashford, Wexham Park and West Middlesex are all nearer. God knows what will happen after all of these A&E closures in NW London |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Van v Teenager = London Ambuance Win |
Well done SOT, what a hero!! (I can't remember, are you the one that works for one of the other emergency services?) |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|