News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 3:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 464
We saw and heard a lot of parakeets when we lived in Dulwich.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
cant be the same ones :shock: :lol:

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
jim wrote:
we often see Parrots over the park that had escaped and have been breeding Townhall park area :o :?



The Parakeets are becoming a real problem in West London. Nice to look at but a menace to local birdlife.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:25 pm
Posts: 9
Moley wrote:
The Parakeets are becoming a real problem in West London. Nice to look at but a menace to local birdlife.


I believe they're beginning to shoot them now to try and control them (certianly the case in South London anyhoo).

Nige


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:54 am
Posts: 131
Location: Milton Keynes
I've only ever noticed parakeets at Osterley Park.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:50 am
Posts: 21
Last Tuesday I had three Ducks one female and two males for the last five days also on the Tuesday I had two greater spotted woodpeckers,a green finch,four ravens,four wood pidgeons,two parakeets,blue tits,starlings and three squirrels.On most nights i have two hedgehogs on the lawn,my security light comes on to tell us,we then turn the room lights off and sit there watching them.I have a feeder six feet off the ground on which they have two lots of peanuts,water, seeds,fat balls and some suet. They know a good nosh up when they find one,and after a year of trying to stop the squirrels stealing all the food I managed it by putting a length of 3" plastic pipe over the post,it's fun watching them jump up a slide back down in slow motion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
mwp wrote:
Last Tuesday I had three Ducks one female and two males for the last five days also on the Tuesday I had two greater spotted woodpeckers,a green finch,four ravens,four wood pidgeons,two parakeets,blue tits,starlings and three squirrels.On most nights i have two hedgehogs on the lawn,my security light comes on to tell us,we then turn the room lights off and sit there watching them.I have a feeder six feet off the ground on which they have two lots of peanuts,water, seeds,fat balls and some suet. They know a good nosh up when they find one,and after a year of trying to stop the squirrels stealing all the food I managed it by putting a length of 3" plastic pipe over the post,it's fun watching them jump up a slide back down in slow motion.



4 Ravens?....

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
Kremmen wrote:
I think if Jim had a 12 bore it would be aimed at Traffic Wardens

I have nothing against wardens par se, just wish they treated their job with a bit of common sense and not the trial and error method, if in doubt book em, :shock: :)

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I watched a flock of parakeets yesterday flying over our house - they're quite noisy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Would that be a "company" of parakeets?

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke