| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Max Bygraves https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=597 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Brian [ Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Max Bygraves |
Just heard that Max Bygraves died in Queensland. |
|
| Author: | Batty bat [ Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Max Bygraves |
http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/bri ... 9-1.939098 |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Max Bygraves |
Oh gosh, I had no idea he was still alive! |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Max Bygraves |
Jon that made me laugh RIP Max x |
|
| Author: | SOT [ Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Max Bygraves |
Sorry, it's probably a generation thing, but I couldn't stand the man or his style of entertainment. His death just underlines to me that successful but talentless stars are not just a product of X Factor and similar drivel, it's been happening for years. |
|
| Author: | Brian [ Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Max Bygraves |
I wonder how many of today's crop of clones who think that volume plus repetition equals talent will be remembered in 60 years time. |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Max Bygraves |
SOT - I definitely wasn't a fan of Max Bygraves and I don't think my parents were either (their generation not mine) I was just laughing at Jon's reaction. Max Bygraves has been off the radar for a long time that I'm sure a lot of people must have thought he died before now. I remember hearing a couple of years back that he had alzheimers (horrible disease) so I meant it when I said RIP. His last few years must have been torment for him and his family. |
|
| Author: | Brian [ Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Max Bygraves |
I grew up listening to him in Educating Archie |
|
| Author: | edwinnobby [ Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Max Bygraves |
Brian wrote: I wonder how many of today's crop of clones who think that volume plus repetition equals talent will be remembered in 60 years time. Considering his birth and where he was raised . Max was a star in his own right. Certainly was a boon to the whole country who needed a good laugh and lightheartedness after coming out of a wartime environment of violence, bombing, rationing, lost loved ones , etc.etc. His songs were far better than much of the present generation are dribbling out Attitudes possibly can be blamed on "a generation thing" , however it does not say much for a generation that says sorry, then goes on to speak ill of the dead. Probably not yet drawing old age pension either. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|