WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Video: Film of UXBRIDGE, 1967
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=243
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jon [ Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:22 am ]
Post subject:  Video: Film of UXBRIDGE, 1967


Author:  davrob [ Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Film of UXBRIDGE, 1967

What a surprise to see video footage of Uxbridge as I remember it, before it was vandalised. There was the mill over the Frays River, the Day Centre, the old Odeon Cinema. clearly someone wanted to record the place before it disappeared. I could even recognise the Norman Reeves Ford dealer's showroom. I had a vacation job with that firm once.

Author:  davrob [ Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Video: Film of UXBRIDGE, 1967

I've been having another look at this video, with all its memories. I was particularly interested in the construction of the old peoples' centre at the Cedars and the undeveloped garden leading down to the river Frays. Also the attractive footbridge that spanned the Frays from Fassnidge Park to the Cedars garden. I once uploaded a photo of the garden in full bloom, and I'm currently uploading photos of Uxbridge in the Sixties on the Photos section, under Uxbridge-West Drayton.

Author:  festive50 [ Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Video: Film of UXBRIDGE, 1967

davrob wrote:
......I'm currently uploading photos of Uxbridge in the Sixties on the Photos section, under Uxbridge-West Drayton.

Great photos Dave.

Phil
:)

Author:  Kremmen [ Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Video: Film of UXBRIDGE, 1967

Happier days :D

The absence of 'traffic' is quite noticeable

Author:  davrob [ Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Video: Film of UXBRIDGE, 1967

Thanks for the complment, Festive50. Yes, Kremmen, the absence of traffic is noticeable, but I remember the High Street in Uxbridge being quite crowded on a Saturday afternoon.

Author:  festive50 [ Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Video: Film of UXBRIDGE, 1967

I've been racking my brains over this.
There were 2 pubs very close to end of High Street just before Harefield Road.
1 was The Falcon what was the other one called.
Phil
:?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/