News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:37 pm
Posts: 64
What a surprise to see video footage of Uxbridge as I remember it, before it was vandalised. There was the mill over the Frays River, the Day Centre, the old Odeon Cinema. clearly someone wanted to record the place before it disappeared. I could even recognise the Norman Reeves Ford dealer's showroom. I had a vacation job with that firm once.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:37 pm
Posts: 64
I've been having another look at this video, with all its memories. I was particularly interested in the construction of the old peoples' centre at the Cedars and the undeveloped garden leading down to the river Frays. Also the attractive footbridge that spanned the Frays from Fassnidge Park to the Cedars garden. I once uploaded a photo of the garden in full bloom, and I'm currently uploading photos of Uxbridge in the Sixties on the Photos section, under Uxbridge-West Drayton.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 65
davrob wrote:
......I'm currently uploading photos of Uxbridge in the Sixties on the Photos section, under Uxbridge-West Drayton.

Great photos Dave.

Phil
:)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Happier days :D

The absence of 'traffic' is quite noticeable

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:37 pm
Posts: 64
Thanks for the complment, Festive50. Yes, Kremmen, the absence of traffic is noticeable, but I remember the High Street in Uxbridge being quite crowded on a Saturday afternoon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 65
I've been racking my brains over this.
There were 2 pubs very close to end of High Street just before Harefield Road.
1 was The Falcon what was the other one called.
Phil
:?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke