WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Two Ronnies 'Four Candles' sketch
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1538
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Robert Bennett [ Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Two Ronnies 'Four Candles' sketch

The idea for the Two Ronnies Four Candle TV sketch came from Alan Simmonds, manager of Timberland (Uxbridge Road near The Grapes) where I worked in 1969. At the time there was a D-I-Y enthusiast in Hayes who would wander into various ironmonger shops either asking for obscure items, or simply mispronouce the name of a specific item he wanted.
Around that time also the manager of Paynes Ironmongers (Hayes Town) would often call in at Timberland to catch up with Alan Simmonds on business in general and chat about the idiosyncrasies of some of their customers. This D-I-Y enthusiast was usually the topic of their conversation until it was suggested by Alan that the whole thing should be written down and sent in to the BBC.

Rob Bennett

Author:  Jon [ Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Two Ronnies 'Four Candles' sketch

Thanks Rob. I've forgotten where the original query on that is now, I shall have to have a look.

Author:  Robongar [ Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Two Ronnies 'Four Candles' sketch

Jon wrote:
Thanks Rob. I've forgotten where the original query on that is now, I shall have to have a look.



viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1123&p=10188&hilit=Ronnie%27s#p10188

Author:  Kremmen [ Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Two Ronnies 'Four Candles' sketch

One of the classic sketches of all time :D

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/