WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Radio 4's UK Theme
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1244
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jon [ Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:49 am ]
Post subject:  Radio 4's UK Theme

When I started work at 16, I used to set my Binatone digital alarm clock for 5:55

It would come on just as the UK Theme was starting, as Radio 4 opened, followed at 6 by News Briefing and a review of the papers. I'd listen to that, then get up and hot-foot it to Hayes Station to get on the train to Paddington.

That's how the first four years of my working life started... used to be a great way to wake up.

Anyway.... Radio 4 sadly ditched the UK theme about 5 years ago, so for anyone else who remembers it ... and for those who don't ... here it is.

It takes 5 minutes... sit back and enjoy!


Attachments:

Radio4UKTheme.mp3 [ 12.32 MiB | Viewed 7656 times ]

Author:  Moley [ Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Radio 4's UK Theme

Thanks for that JON, it's a shame they dropped it. On a similar note I find the theme played just before the shipping forecast on Radio 4 particularly pleasant and soothing.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFdas-kMF74

Author:  Pam [ Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Radio 4's UK Theme

Very relaxing.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/