WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

The Load of Hay
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1170
Page 1 of 1

Author:  beegap [ Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:10 pm ]
Post subject:  The Load of Hay

Anyone here who used to frequent The Load of Hay around 1969-1971?

Author:  Kremmen [ Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Load of Hay

That name rings a bell where was it ?

Author:  Brian [ Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Load of Hay

Never drank there but I think it was near The Green Man

Author:  beegap [ Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Load of Hay

The Load of Hay is in Villiers Street.

Author:  Brian [ Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Load of Hay

I seldom went past the Adam and Eve in that direction.
:lol:

Author:  festive50 [ Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Load of Hay

I think I went there a couple of times in that period. I also went there a few times when it had a folk club circa '87/88.
More recently, I went there a couple of times about 3 years ago when I found out it was hosting some Hayes Grammar reunions. I discovered that the landlord was an old friend of mine (Grant Lewis) and he actually took the pub over from a Heather Winterbottom who I also knew - she worked at the same firm as me.
Phil
:idea:

Author:  beegap [ Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Load of Hay

I was part of the resident group there in around 1969. There was a folk club there at the time.

Author:  festive50 [ Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Load of Hay

I know there was a "jug band" that used to play there, I think it was called Jugular Vein.
Phil
8-)

Author:  festive50 [ Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Load of Hay

festive50 wrote:
I know there was a "jug band" that used to play there, I think it was called Jugular Vein.
Phil
8-)


and 1 of their members used to work at Leonard Beakhurst Records at the top of Lansbury Drive, he then went to work in that musical instrument shop in the early days of The Pavillions, Uxbridge.
Phil
8-)

Author:  beegap [ Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Load of Hay

The group I was in were the people who ran the club in the mid to the late 60's and we were called The Haywain. Original line up Paul and Gay Waterman, and Ray, the I joined them when Ray left.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/