News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The Load of Hay
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:28 pm
Posts: 7
Anyone here who used to frequent The Load of Hay around 1969-1971?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Load of Hay
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
That name rings a bell where was it ?

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Load of Hay
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am
Posts: 545
Location: Western Australia
Never drank there but I think it was near The Green Man

_________________
When a crash seems inevitable, try to hit the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Load of Hay
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:28 pm
Posts: 7
The Load of Hay is in Villiers Street.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Load of Hay
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am
Posts: 545
Location: Western Australia
I seldom went past the Adam and Eve in that direction.
:lol:

_________________
When a crash seems inevitable, try to hit the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Load of Hay
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 65
I think I went there a couple of times in that period. I also went there a few times when it had a folk club circa '87/88.
More recently, I went there a couple of times about 3 years ago when I found out it was hosting some Hayes Grammar reunions. I discovered that the landlord was an old friend of mine (Grant Lewis) and he actually took the pub over from a Heather Winterbottom who I also knew - she worked at the same firm as me.
Phil
:idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Load of Hay
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:28 pm
Posts: 7
I was part of the resident group there in around 1969. There was a folk club there at the time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Load of Hay
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 65
I know there was a "jug band" that used to play there, I think it was called Jugular Vein.
Phil
8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Load of Hay
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 65
festive50 wrote:
I know there was a "jug band" that used to play there, I think it was called Jugular Vein.
Phil
8-)


and 1 of their members used to work at Leonard Beakhurst Records at the top of Lansbury Drive, he then went to work in that musical instrument shop in the early days of The Pavillions, Uxbridge.
Phil
8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Load of Hay
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:28 pm
Posts: 7
The group I was in were the people who ran the club in the mid to the late 60's and we were called The Haywain. Original line up Paul and Gay Waterman, and Ray, the I joined them when Ray left.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke