| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Rip Off Water Bill https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=951 |
Page 1 of 4 |
| Author: | chris_guest [ Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Rip Off Water Bill |
Just got my 6 Month Water bill and what a dam con the whole thing is I used £3:91 worth of water yet my bill is £47:50 The additional is made up of £15 Standing charge for the Meter from the Water company, which I accept £2:59 Charged for Sewerage by Thames water I accept this £26:00 Standing Charge for Meter from Thames Water Do not accept this While I agree that the majority of the water used in a house ends up in the sewers. What I do not agree with is that Thames water charge you a Standing Charge for a Meter that you have already paid for and in fact the Meter is not capable of measuring your sewerage. if Affinity Water charge me £15 for a meter to record water entering my house, How on earth can Thames Water charge me £26 for the same meter for sewerage even though this meter can not measure the amount if sewerage leaving my house. CON or what |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rip Off Water Bill |
I've still not got a water meter Just as well considering that her indoors always seems to have the washing machine on |
|
| Author: | geezer466 [ Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rip Off Water Bill |
Check your T&C there may be clause which invokes a meter charge if you use under a specified amount? How did you manage to use so little? If I recall correctly they measure your waste water by looking at what goes in then reducing it by 5% and using that figure for going out. Even so £92 ish a year for a water charge is not at all bad.... in some parts of the Country moderate to heavy users can pay that in a Month. If you asked for the meter to be installed it may be possible to ask them to take it out again and go back to rateable value. I still think you would be better off as you are though...... |
|
| Author: | chris_guest [ Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rip Off Water Bill |
I use so little as there is only me here, as for the T&C I have checked with next door and there are 4 in the house and the charges are the same. I know for me being on a meter is better for me but its the point of the standing charges that annoy me. The meter was already here and to be honest in the previous house there was a meter and so am used to them, |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rip Off Water Bill |
I wish our water charges were as low as yours Chris! We are still on the water rates system here but my daughter has been made to have a meter (they live in the New Forest) Their water bill has really gone up since it was installed. How do you use so little water? Do you drink wine instead of tea? |
|
| Author: | chris_guest [ Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rip Off Water Bill |
Like beer, but to be honest I got these water bags to put in the cistern so the toilet uses less water, A thing to put on the shower and eat out a lot so don't have much washing up, also being a typical bloke when I do washing I just chuck it all in the same wash. I don't have a lawn to water and collect rain water and use this to wash my car. |
|
| Author: | geezer466 [ Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rip Off Water Bill |
chris_guest wrote: Like beer, but to be honest I got these water bags to put in the cistern so the toilet uses less water, A thing to put on the shower and eat out a lot so don't have much washing up, also being a typical bloke when I do washing I just chuck it all in the same wash. I don't have a lawn to water and collect rain water and use this to wash my car. I once knew a bloke who took a dump at work to save on water and paper costs...... At weekends he would pop round his mums... |
|
| Author: | chris_guest [ Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rip Off Water Bill |
I don't do that, I could pop over Tesco and use their toilets, but they stink, I did watch a programme once that said if you had a wee on your weeds it would kill them, have not tried that either |
|
| Author: | rexy [ Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rip Off Water Bill |
When you see a group of waterworks men standing around a hole in the ground leaning on their shovels, that's the the standing rate you are paying for CG. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rip Off Water Bill |
chris_guest wrote: I don't do that, I could pop over Tesco and use their toilets, but they stink, I did watch a programme once that said if you had a wee on your weeds it would kill them, have not tried that either Is that after some budget lager ? |
|
| Page 1 of 4 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|