| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| The 21st Century Definition of a 'Model Tenant' - Dead https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=948 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | SOT [ Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | The 21st Century Definition of a 'Model Tenant' - Dead |
A 50 year old man died in his flat in Brighton and wasn't discovered for two years. Even the bailiffs missed his sock clad skeleton when they eventually entered the flat. He was a reclusive drinker and I really do not think the neighbours are to blame for not 'checking' on him. Why would you when you thought he'd moved? It's the Housing Association's spokesperson who makes the most bizarre comment that he was a 'model tenant'. Sorry, this is a tenant who probably (and sadly) drunk him self to an early grave, he didn't pay rent for two years, caused the bailiffs to go in and has saddled the Housing Association with a huge clean up bill. And that's a 'model tenant'???? http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10201072 ... at/?ref=mr |
|
| Author: | chris_guest [ Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The 21st Century Definition of a 'Model Tenant' - Dead |
That is sad, where I live a neighbour recently told me about a man who lived in a house opposite me and he died and no one even knew, they only found out when the police were at the house, What a world we live in. |
|
| Author: | jim [ Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The 21st Century Definition of a 'Model Tenant' - Dead |
Be rowdy, noisy, create a daily disturbance, maybe then, you will be conspicuous by your absence. |
|
| Author: | Moley [ Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The 21st Century Definition of a 'Model Tenant' - Dead |
Its all too easy to criticise when not in posession of all the facts. Just saying Moley |
|
| Author: | SOT [ Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The 21st Century Definition of a 'Model Tenant' - Dead |
I agree Moley which is why I am not criticising anyone, I am just questioning the Housing Association's comment (if of course, it's been reported accurately!) |
|
| Author: | Moley [ Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The 21st Century Definition of a 'Model Tenant' - Dead |
SOT wrote: I agree Moley which is why I am not criticising anyone, I am just questioning the Housing Association's comment (if of course, it's been reported accurately!) I agree the Housing Association's comment about being a 'model tenant' seems a bit odd, but speaking as someone who is a Housing Association tenant myself, I have first hand experience of how totally inept and useless these bodies can be, especially when it boils down to seeking practical help and advice. This is not the place to go into detail but I can assure you, or anyone else who thinks 'Social Housing' is the 'easy route', its very far from it. Moley |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|