WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

London looks good....
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=881
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jon [ Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:26 am ]
Post subject:  London looks good....

I spent the early years of my working life commuting into central London every day. Later on, I spent another 11 years commuting into central London. About 14 years ago we were moved to west London, but now we're back in central London again. To be honest, I was dreading it but so far, I've been really enjoying it. London's looking good, and I just can't BELIEVE how many shiny new building have gone up all over the place while I've been away. It certainly doesn't look like a city short of a few shillings.

Sometimes I drive up the M4, sometimes up the A40 (and I've even done the trip by train which was fine except for the hideous cost!)

One thing that's a great shame, is that this is the first time I've ever driven the elevated section of the M4 at Christmas and not seen the Beecham's Christmas trees that used to be so fantastic. Such a pity, presumably Beechams (GlaxoSmithKline or whatever) has vacated that site. I see the Lucozade bubbly bottle ad is still there, but it's been remade and not as good as it used to be.

Author:  jane [ Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: London looks good....

When I worked in London I used to love going in at this time of year. Mind you I don't think I'd enjoy it now - the traffic is much worse now than it was 15 years ago :(

Author:  Jon [ Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: London looks good....

And the BT tower looks fantastic! It has a wrap-around TV screen all round the top at the moment with an animated "Merry Christmas" message.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/