News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: London looks good....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
I spent the early years of my working life commuting into central London every day. Later on, I spent another 11 years commuting into central London. About 14 years ago we were moved to west London, but now we're back in central London again. To be honest, I was dreading it but so far, I've been really enjoying it. London's looking good, and I just can't BELIEVE how many shiny new building have gone up all over the place while I've been away. It certainly doesn't look like a city short of a few shillings.

Sometimes I drive up the M4, sometimes up the A40 (and I've even done the trip by train which was fine except for the hideous cost!)

One thing that's a great shame, is that this is the first time I've ever driven the elevated section of the M4 at Christmas and not seen the Beecham's Christmas trees that used to be so fantastic. Such a pity, presumably Beechams (GlaxoSmithKline or whatever) has vacated that site. I see the Lucozade bubbly bottle ad is still there, but it's been remade and not as good as it used to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
When I worked in London I used to love going in at this time of year. Mind you I don't think I'd enjoy it now - the traffic is much worse now than it was 15 years ago :(

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
And the BT tower looks fantastic! It has a wrap-around TV screen all round the top at the moment with an animated "Merry Christmas" message.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke