WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Monorep
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=770
Page 1 of 5

Author:  jane [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:26 am ]
Post subject:  Monorep

I'm shocked to find this morning that Monorep (The Vauxhall garage ) has gone into receivership. That garage has been there for as long as I can remember. Had the car booked in this morning for some warranty work - when we got there they told us they can't do it because of this. I feel for the workers there, what a horrible time of year to be told this :?

Author:  chris_guest [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Monorep

In the past I have bought 3 cars from them and have always found them to be very good with after sales etc and a few times when I have gone back they have really put themselves out for me.

I suppose this is a sign of the times, worse is on the way

Author:  Kremmen [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Monorep

All car sales seem to be suffering

Author:  jane [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Monorep

We've always found them to be good ..... just where will it end :-(

Author:  Kremmen [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Monorep

I think Vauxhall have had sales issues for a while ?

Author:  geezer466 [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Monorep

The whole European Car Manufacturing industry is in crisis.

Sales of new motors are falling off a cliff.

Lots more 'blood to be spilt yet'..... Even BMW is Germany is suffering as those pesky Greeks and Spaniards can no longer afford their motors even though German banks lent them the money to buy them....

Author:  Jon [ Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Monorep

That is so very sad. I had a Vectra from them, Steve the sales guy was brilliant and kept in touch from time to time. They dealt with minor things free of charge. It's a nice looking place and rare nowadays to find a big dealership locally.

Author:  Kremmen [ Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Monorep

On the other side Honda are expanding their plant at Swindon.

They have opened a new area to produce the new European 1.6 diesel engine.

I've had Honda's since 2007 after a Lexus. Must say Honda's are rock solid.

Author:  jim [ Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Monorep

Just got rid of my workhorse Volvo I had for six years (a record for me) no trouble at all apart from it being a 2.7 petrol, made to burn fuel faster than the Arabs get it out of the ground, so it had to go, as various governments have driven the car ownership into the ground, with the easy rout of fuel tax, and Road tax, insurance tax on the insurers who recoup off us, its little wonder cars have been priced out of the market, what chance if you live on the old age pension with this grab back ? you pay tax on what you earn, plus tax on getting to earning it, then all sort of taxes on what you spend whats left so just what value do we get? methinks its time for a rethink. :) :shock:

Author:  Pam [ Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Monorep

We've got a Toyota Auris.(Hybrid.) Got it 4mths ago when hubby retired. Sold both our cars, and now just have one.
No tax, and amazing on the petrol!

Page 1 of 5 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/