WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Disposal of furniture
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=717
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Moley [ Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Disposal of furniture

I have several items of furniture I need to get rid of ( 2 sofas and a matress ) so I phoned the council yesterday to arrange collection.

I don't have a problem with the £15 fee, but Im not happy with the fact that I have to physically move the items myself because I cant. Thats the whole point of me asking the council in the first place. Apparently whoever is responsible for collecting these items is not allowed inside my property, despite the fact I have given my permission to do so.

When I explained why I was physically unable to move the items myself, I was told that since Im not over 65 years of age or officially registered as disabled, I should seek help elswhere....ie: neighbours.

Thanks LBH

Author:  Kremmen [ Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disposal of furniture

Got a saw ?

Give them more pieces to shift

Author:  Moley [ Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disposal of furniture

Only allowed a maximum of 4 items kremm !

Author:  Sunshine [ Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disposal of furniture

What about advertising them on freegle?

I just advertised a fridge freezer and a display cabinet on there for a friend and they are being collected on Friday ( no charge)

Author:  geezer466 [ Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disposal of furniture

Or a charity shop who may well be only to happy to collect...

Barnado's do furniture or at least used too.

Author:  Sunshine [ Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disposal of furniture

The Yeldall Shop Tel: 020 87979505
5-7 Willow Tree Lane
Fax: 020 87978505
Hayes
Middlesex
UB4 9BB

These people used to collect furniture for charity

Author:  chris_guest [ Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disposal of furniture

They still do a neighbour used them last month

Author:  jane [ Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Disposal of furniture

Or - if you happen to see the LBH guys - ask them and they'll do it privately :-)

Author:  Kremmen [ Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Disposal of furniture

Sunshine wrote:
The Yeldall Shop Tel: 020 87979505
5-7 Willow Tree Lane
Fax: 020 87978505
Hayes
Middlesex
UB4 9BB

These people used to collect furniture for charity



I tried them once. They wanted good quality with the fire stickers/labels in place. I assured them the stuff complied but they seemed apathetic and never turned up. I paid my £19 and got the council to collect. I'm sure it was £19

Author:  Moley [ Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disposal of furniture

Thanks for the replies all.

Thing is these are items that need disposing of, not suitable for charity shops etc.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/