| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Remember Steven Neary the Autistic Kid? https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=617 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | geezer466 [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | Remember Steven Neary the Autistic Kid? |
Is LBH s Spiteful Council? http://markneary1dotcom1.wordpress.com/2012/09/12/pay-back-time/ Quote: Today I received the shattering news that the housing benefit we have relied on for the last three years to help towards the rent has been stopped by Hillingdon Quote: So, from October 16th, Steven and I will be homeless. Or there’s a possibility that he won’t be but we won’t be able to live together. Quote: My friend and our solicitor reckons this is Hillingdon’s revenge. I don’t want to appear too paranoid but it is odd that after three years, their decision about the HB is suddenly completely reversed. In applying for the discretionary payment, I had to lay myself totally bare, so they would be fully aware that it is impossible for Steven and I to live together, anywhere in the borough, without the assistance of the benefit. After a number of years LBH decide to interpret a set of rules differently? |
|
| Author: | Lindsay [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Remember Steven Neary the Autistic Kid? |
I wonder if this is because of the compensation payment taking them over the savings limit? |
|
| Author: | geezer466 [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Remember Steven Neary the Autistic Kid? |
I thought that and it is the only thing which has changed.. I believe the situation is: Steven - disabled, unable to live independently. Mother - lives in house, I think there is some court advice or order about Steven not living there. Mark - Stevens father and carer, owner of the site I quoted above. It looks like Steven recently won compensation from the council for something relating to his disability. Mark currently struggling with meeting the rent on the flat, he and his son live in. £35,000 if I recall correctly although there is every chance this will be reviewed upwards on appeal and lets face it LBH did illegally detain him. It appears that Steven has some assets in the form of this compensation, he also appears to have half a financial claim on the Mothers property (if it is just that he is the son so could live there, then get the mother to officially disown him!). Logical steps would probably be to use the compensation to cover any immediate short falls - it is to Stevens benefit, so makes sense to use the money for this purpose. The house asset issue needs to be resolved. If the compensation was significant, buy out the mother and move back in to the family home, then no housing benefit will need to be claimed. Otherwise sell the asset (either the sons stake is purchased by the mother or the property is sold). What is the 'means tested' savings limit currently? I read the other day that when Universal benefit comes in next year and the one after, any savings (or assets other than the family house) over £16,000 will disqualify persons from tax credits full stop....... For assets read ISA savings accounts, additional property holdings, valuable antiques even. Not widely known as yet and even Frank Field was on the airwaves the other day condemning UC (in this form) when he was one of the original champions behind it. There is also a thought that CMD is not so keen which is why he tried to move IDS in the reshuffle last week. If the plan goes ahead in its current form then some people have got a very large learning curve to circumvent...... |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Remember Steven Neary the Autistic Kid? |
... but if you arrive at Heathrow from foreign parts claiming asylum you will be given handout's and houses galore as if nothing has changed. |
|
| Author: | James [ Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Remember Steven Neary the Autistic Kid? |
ifyou want to help I've posted a whos who of who to contact as a reply on the blog |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|