| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Olympic closing ceremony https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=573 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Jon [ Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Olympic closing ceremony |
It had its moments, though too much mediocre pop, much of it from way back. The moment the cauldron opened up again, with the "petals" spreading out to be extinguised was very beautiful and was crying out for being accompanied by some beautiful, serene choral music. So what did we get? "The Who" making a racket with their lead singer belting out something he could presumably sing comfortably 30 or 40 years ago but couldn't any more. What a shame. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Olympic closing ceremony |
From what I hear I'm glad I missed it |
|
| Author: | jim [ Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Olympic closing ceremony |
I was a bit sceptical at first, but grew into it quite easy, good coverage of most sports, even the ones I did not understand, the yachting was exelent coverage. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Olympic closing ceremony |
Fortunately I was at work for most of it. I did have a chuckle at the front page of 'Private Eye' : Newsreader "... and in other news the Aliens have invaded Earth" |
|
| Author: | Moley [ Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Olympic closing ceremony |
Its a shame that such a wonderful Olympic Games had to end with what I thought was a 3rd rate 'pop' concert. I felt sorry for the athletes who had to stand there for so many hours while it droned on and on and on ......zzzz. |
|
| Author: | jim [ Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Olympic closing ceremony |
As for the vidio of John Lennon, my mum used to tell me about him. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Olympic closing ceremony |
Imagine |
|
| Author: | jim [ Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Olympic closing ceremony |
Moley wrote: Its a shame that such a wonderful Olympic Games had to end with what I thought was a 3rd rate 'pop' concert. I felt sorry for the athletes who had to stand there for so many hours while it droned on and on and on ......zzzz. most of the unpaid volanteers made up the crowd a nice little thank you. |
|
| Author: | Moley [ Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Olympic closing ceremony |
By all accounts the unpaid volunteers were outstanding ambassadors for GB. I take my hat off to them, all 70,000 of them.Well done |
|
| Author: | Uncle Festa [ Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Olympic closing ceremony |
Well you will all be pleased to know that as a transport for london foot soldier because of the way my roster falls and with a few days annual leave(3)thrown in I will not be doing my actual job till the Sunday 2nd september oh havent done a stitch since three days before the opening, a few people know what I do on this forum they my tell you I work on the maintenace side of things. A couple of weeks of going in and being sent home, week and a half of suffolk back to training then another week in suffolk and a week at home fantastic. Can honestly say that so far its been a brilliant summer with the kids thanks Olympics oh did I mention that I get the big fat bonus as well(850nicka)sorry. I give it till christmas and everyone will have forgottern, even the name of the first woman boxer to ever win gold without googling it and she was GB, I will remember forever as I went to see her on a free ticket(actual cost £94squid)and was being paid on the company....lovely...point of note you would not pay £50 for a boxing match at Wembley ticket at Hayes working mens £10 so £94 that will be no I can honestly say its been a disaster just ask the local traders...I DID when I broke out from the hoarding holding the masses in being ripped off by the olympic prices. Volanteer for that, for nothing are they sure? Will my council tax go down now....I dont think so....... |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|