WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Why Was the BBC's Jubilee Coverage so Awful?????
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=428
Page 1 of 1

Author:  SOT [ Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Why Was the BBC's Jubilee Coverage so Awful?????

How poor was the Beeb's coverage today???.

This was supposed to be a celebration of HM's 60 years in the job and required some kind of reverence and seriousness. But oh no, we had cameras (and idiotic reporters) showing Jubilee babies being born at a nearby hospital, John Sargent forgetting he was supposed to commentating and resorting to shouting repeatedly 'Hurray' as the royal barge went by, and people attempting to pain at picture from the millennium bridge in the pouring rain (they failed!).

I was constantly attempting to find the best coverage between BBC & Sky and gave up when the BBC missed the Royal barge passing through Tower Bridge. Instead, they showed a rather vacuous Tess Daley in Battersea Park with some eccentric revellers.

So sky it was. OK, Eamon Holmes is more than irritating, but at least the coverage - the pictures shown - were about the pageant and not celeb based. Shane on you BBC - I hope they get it right by the Olympics

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 14668.html

Author:  Sunshine [ Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why Was the BBC's Jubilee Coverage so Awful?????

I enjoyed it (the bits I watched) and I love it when things go wrong

It's just a shame the weather was so awful

Author:  geezer466 [ Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why Was the BBC's Jubilee Coverage so Awful?????

I watched it on BBC. I agree some of it was irritating but they had the better pictures!!

I don't get sky news in HD cos I refuse to give Murdoch any more than is absolutely necessary..

Am looking forward to the concert... It should be a corker and I hope the weather keeps fine!!

Author:  Brian [ Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why Was the BBC's Jubilee Coverage so Awful?????

We must have had the same coverage here, your commentators look like brain surgeons compared to ours. (can't wait for the Olympics to see who gets the gold medal for asking the most stupid question)
Saw a bloke painting a door, our grandkids can do better than that, what was that all about?
:lol:

Author:  jim [ Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why Was the BBC's Jubilee Coverage so Awful?????

Sunshine wrote:
I enjoyed it (the bits I watched) and I love it when things go wrong
It's just a shame the weather was so awful

I got this

Today I been a boating.
The pageant was quite slick,
Was going rather well until - The D of E was sick
He couldnt keep his luncheon down,
he said the Thames had 'swell'.
which prompted an upsurge from his stomach,
and he covered Camilla well.
Camilla was so not best pleased, she went out for a fag,
a gust of wind whipped past her arm and relieved her of her bag.
Charlie shouted 'bag overboard' - which puzzled all the crew,
when one brave matelot bravely said to him 'Sir, she's stood right next to you'.
'Off with his head' old Charlie cried, 'tis tantamount to treason' .
William intervened just then "Papa, thats hardly a reason".
So the day did pass with pukey duke, resting upon his laurel.
"Cant bloody wait to get the train , and bugger off to Balmoral".

Author:  Kremmen [ Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why Was the BBC's Jubilee Coverage so Awful?????

:lol:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/