WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

PRS Computer 'lockdown'
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=415
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Moley [ Mon May 28, 2012 10:51 pm ]
Post subject:  PRS Computer 'lockdown'

Im wondering if anyone else has been affected by this virus ??

I thought my computer was pretty well protected from all kinds of threats but this afternoon it came to a grinding halt. It suddenly became 'locked, by the PRS ( Performing Rights Society ) apparently. In addition to locking my computer, there was a threat that I had impinged copyright laws, and that I would be liable for prosecution.

The screen also showed The Metropolitan Police logo, and stated that I should pay £50 to have my computer unlocked.

Its a scam, and a widespread one it would appear. It took me several attempts to reboot and restore my computer, and when I phoned the Perfroming Rights Society to notify them, they were unhelpful to say the least.

Moley :(

http://www.idmfraud.com/prs-for-music-s ... resolve-it

Author:  Kremmen [ Tue May 29, 2012 7:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PRS Computer 'lockdown'

There a few 'Police' related ransomware viruses going about.

The advice I've seen is to try to obtain a removal tool from one of the recognised AV vendors.

One person tried to remove the 'West Yorkshire Police' virus and made things worse as he didn't remove the encrypted lock files and it just kept coming back.

Last thing to do is to pay because they know they have a 'victim' and they just keep periodically reactivating it.

Author:  geezer466 [ Tue May 29, 2012 8:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PRS Computer 'lockdown'

On the occasions I have had to speak to the PRS on a professional basis I have always found them obstructive.

Any idea Moley how you picked this up? The web page mentions facebook ans its 'apps'. Possibly another reason nor to allow any code from that site to install!! ..... I don't..

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/