| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| TfL failing https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2347 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Kremmen [ Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | TfL failing |
Near me is an underpass (Hayes By-Pass / Willow Tree Lane) For about a year it's been flooding, making it impassable after some reasonable rain. It's obviously a mixture of the rain and rising groundwater as the underpass is quite deep. I've seen the contractors down there quite often having to pump it out, only for it to flood again for the next few days as the groundwater rises. Periods of dry, as we've been having, does see it dry out. I saw them pumping it out so I commented about that it's only the last year that this has been happening. The contractor said that the underpass does have a pumping system but the 'switchgear' broke and TfL are refusing to pay for its repair. = 1) Impassable till it's been reported and the contractors arrive, usually midday. 2) Some people are resorting to crossing the fast flowing By-Pass at the Willow Tree roundabout dangerously dodging cars. I have reported the contractor comments to the council. |
|
| Author: | Lunar [ Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TfL failing |
I rarely use the underpass there, I had no idea that it flooded to the extent it became unpassable. I guess that the other one at Hobart/Glencoe does the same. The stretch of road from the White Hart through Willow Tree and up to the other under pass at Larch / Brookside field seriously needs renovation. The road surface is so uneven and despite some replacement work on the Latch side, you can feel and see the ground is shifting....water perhaps and gas pipes installed a few summers ago... |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TfL failing |
The one near Hobart is fine. I use that when I have an inkling the other will be flooded. |
|
| Author: | Westonman [ Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:21 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TfL failing |
Does anybody have the suspicion that brokenness and chaos are deliberately engineered into the whole system these days. From road repairs, to dealing with HMRC, to Tax Credits, to the new Universal Credit system, to pension rules, to controlling our national boarders, to HS2 costings, nothing works efficiently these days. As for Brexit, that has to be the ridiculous chaotic icing on the cake for officialdom. When I was working, incompetence in the work place was a stackable offence, but these days the whole of officialdom and Government gives the impression that incompetence is a pre-requisite for a successful career. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TfL failing |
I had a reply. TfL have said they haven't refused the repair but bespoke parts take time. I pointed out that the underpass has been flooding for almost a year now which should have provided ample time to get parts manufactured. Hopefully the councils prodding to TfL will produce a permanent fix. |
|
| Author: | Rich Kid [ Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TfL failing |
Incompetence gets you an honour nowadays, particularly so in the higher echelons of government and public service. A perverted sense of recognition for failure usually accompanied by huge generous pensions! P.S. I read the other day that on average £500 of our individual council tax goes to paying local government pensions! And local councillors have now joined the gravy train not content with their allowances they're now pensionable as well! |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TfL failing |
So what you're saying is that I should have been incompetent to get a higher pension |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TfL failing |
Well done Kremmen for finding out who to complain to and getting an answer. Hope it gets sorted. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TfL failing |
Find out when it next rains. I doubt it will get fixed anytime soon but the council are on the case. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|