| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Do we need another another Tescos in West Drayton? https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200 |
Page 1 of 5 |
| Author: | Badminton Girl [ Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | Do we need another another Tescos in West Drayton? |
I've noticed that the old Phoenix pub is due to become a Tesco metro/local. Do we need this little Tesco when we have the big one within 5miles down the road? What would the affect be on the other local corner shops? Personally I think it would be useful as I drive home via the M4, so it would be useful to be able to pop into for a few bits and bobs, although will be more expensive than the big store. For me going to the big Tesco Store would mean going past where I live, and after days work going round the big store for only a few bits means I spend more than intended. |
|
| Author: | jim [ Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Do we need another another Tescos in West Drayton? |
with Tesco the idea is we will all have one each. personalised to a whole new level. |
|
| Author: | Badminton Girl [ Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Do we need another another Tescos in West Drayton? |
jim wrote: with Tesco the idea is we will all have one each. personalised to a whole new level. Yes they do seem to pop up everywhere that's for sure. |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Do we need another another Tescos in West Drayton? |
Where is the Old Phoenix? We have one of those Metro stores in Cowley too (opposite cowley rec) |
|
| Author: | Badminton Girl [ Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Do we need another another Tescos in West Drayton? |
Sunshine wrote: Where is the Old Phoenix? We have one of those Metro stores in Cowley too (opposite cowley rec) Ah my mistake not the Phoenix it was the fox and pheasant DOH! I had forgotten about the one in Cowley that's definitely too many in one area |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Do we need another another Tescos in West Drayton? |
jim wrote: with Tesco the idea is we will all have one each. personalised to a whole new level. I think eventually they'll be selling cubicles inside Tescos for us all to live in. It's the old paradox isn't it... hate what they do to our towns, destroying other businesses, but love the convenience they provide. I do 90% of my shopping on local parades though and generally avoid the big superstores, seems very greedy of Tescos to muscle right in on the local parades too. Also, the self-service checkouts are a nightmare and they must lose shedloads of money in all the shops that have them with people taking out more than they've paid for. The stupid machines complain so often about 'unexpected item in bagging area' that it's become meaningless; staff have to keep on intervening to help, so people could easily be loading free booty into their bags, and even if they were caught, could quite reasonably claim they'd got totally confused. |
|
| Author: | jim [ Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Do we need another another Tescos in West Drayton? |
They must fast becoming too the saturation point, as a dip in profits start to show, as Cohen said pile it high sell it cheap, I dont think he meant stores, as they are now ten a penny, and what has put me off you get a better class of customer in Sainsbury, who dont cater for the peasants with the buy 3 for the price of 2 if you want to get it at the right price. |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Do we need another another Tescos in West Drayton? |
Is the Fox and Pheasant the old Cherry Tree? The people up that way might appreciate a food shop locally - it's a fairly long walk from there to Tesco in Yiewsley if you're elderly or disabled. |
|
| Author: | Badminton Girl [ Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Do we need another another Tescos in West Drayton? |
Not sure about previous name of pub only lived in the area for the 18 mths I also got the actual current name wrong so not much hope for me It will be interesting to see how popular it is when it opens (whenever that will be) I wonder if tesco will use the existing or rebuild |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:01 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Do we need another another Tescos in West Drayton? |
Sorry, I've lived in this area for ever and seem to remember pubs by the name they had when I first moved here. I put my money on Tesco knocking it down and building a new store. There are far too many Tesco shops around now, I agree, but my sister in law lives in Cherry Lane and I remember her struggle to get her shopping from Yiewsley on the bus (she was a single mum with three children) The locals could do with some sort of supermarket there. |
|
| Page 1 of 5 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|