| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Leaders debates https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1939 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Jon [ Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | Leaders debates |
I'm enjoying them, anyone else? |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Leaders debates |
What seems to have escaped most of them is this 'let's build thousands of houses for the immigrants' statement is that what happens when there are no more building plots left? Do they then expand onto Green Belt? Nigel is absolutely correct and we are a very small very over populated country. we can't just keep on expanding at the current rate. |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:57 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Leaders debates |
I believe Mr Farage is in the hot seat for tonight's Leader's Interview by Evan Davies on BBC One 07.30.... if he's allowed to get a word in edgeways that is. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:21 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Leaders debates |
I also forgot to mention that we currently have brownout threats and we often have hosepipe bans. Extra housing will add to both. |
|
| Author: | Westonman [ Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Leaders debates |
A quick glance across the mainstream papers and it is difficult to see that an election campaign is supposedly in progress. A similar situation applies to the distinct lack of of political posters declaring promises of “CHANGE”. The number of political leaflets dropping through the letter box is much less than anything I can remember in over more than 60 years of political awareness. I have yet to see an election poster in a domestic window anywhere. Only one canvasser (from the so-called Conservative Party) has knocked on my door, and when I said I'm not interested, he replied by indicating that is the message he is receiving everywhere he calls. As a non TV Licence holder I am excused from following the dubious and probably rigged “TV debates”. From what I have seen in the mainstream press and heard on the radio, the election debate appears to be waged at a level that is so puerile as to cause the the majority of us to switch off from politics completely in order to bring about a pre-conceived multi-faceted coalition of the unwanted. The choices at the polls appear to me to range from the inane to the ridiculous, from the downright deceitful to the extremely unlikely. I have never known an election like it. It's as if Dumb Dumber Dumbest & Co are seeking election. Here is one major issue that none of the political parties has an answer for: http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/ If ever there was an indicator that the current crop of political parties do not have the answer to the problems they've created – THIS so-called election has to be the sign. |
|
| Author: | SOT [ Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Leaders debates |
Westonman wrote: The choices at the polls appear to me to range from the inane to the ridiculous, from the downright deceitful to the extremely unlikely. I have never known an election like it. It's as if Dumb Dumber Dumbest & Co are seeking election. I think you are spot on. These debates simply produce sound bite political messages for the microwave/Facebook generation who have the attention span of a goldfish at best and need to be spoon fed information rather than having to work a little by reading anything. I dont often agree with Cameron, but I supported his boycott of the debates. This is not the way politics should be going IMHO. Its ironic that we all have so much more access to information than ever before, yet this sort of thicko 'tabloid TV' seems to be so popular |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Leaders debates |
I notice a huge amount of support for UKIP and Nigel Farage on ALL the newspaper websites from their visitors, which is interesting. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Leaders debates |
Farage was saying that when he knocks on doors he gets the message that they fully agree with what he is saying but they are lifelong Lab or Con voters and will continue to be !!! I know my UKIP vote won't stop JM getting in in Hayes but I will be interested to see the proportional vote both in Hayes and nationwide. I note that in Hayes there isn't the plethora of silly parties this time, just 5 main contenders: Lab Con Lib UKIP Green |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Leaders debates |
I can only see four main contenders there. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Leaders debates |
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|