WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

CCTV
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1814
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Yeadingborn [ Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  CCTV

Help please, did read or hear, some bright spark in government is thinking of restricting the use of Home CCTV systems, something to do with people installing them for safety or lost faith in the police something on those lines.

Does it also apply to the growth of Government CCTV & local authority ones, which now seem to be everywhere, these days

Author:  Jon [ Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: CCTV

I'm not sure but I've a vague idea that at the moment you're supposed to ensure your cctv is just monitoring your own property.

Author:  Kremmen [ Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: CCTV

Yet when something happens they cry out for cctv footage.

Probably a peeping tom issue

Author:  SOT [ Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: CCTV

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... bours.html

Found this dated Jun 2013! is this what you are talking about as it's not that new?

Author:  Kremmen [ Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: CCTV

Sounds like what I've heard.

People are mounting outside cameras to monitor cars with the trend of damaged caused overnight. Others I suspect are monitoring back gardens of neighbours for other reasons.

I've got an interior camera with 'cloud' recording and email facility if it gets triggered when set and very good it is to.

Author:  Yeadingborn [ Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: CCTV

Thanks, I will just go ahead & get the CCTV, can say I use it to look at the Birds, the ones on my Bird Table.

Have a Good New Year when it comes.

Author:  Jon [ Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: CCTV

There's probably someone in Russia watching your cctv Kremmen!

Author:  Kremmen [ Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: CCTV

I saw those reports :D

Fortunately mine isn't a FosCam with default username and passwords. I opted for the Y-Cam HomeMonitor HD which forces a unique username and password. I can thoroughly recommend this camera as it allows you to setup 'monitor zones and times'. If anything moves you get an email and the footage is stored on HomeMonitors website for 7 days to view or download.

Best thing is is that there is no monthly subscription fee unless you want to extend the 7 days to 30 days.

On the odd occasion when I've setup a monitor timeframe and I've arrived home early I enter the room in a 'thought out' manner to give the daughter a chuckle as she is on the email list :lol:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/