| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| WARNING RELATED TO AMAZON PRIME https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1798 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | ARTFTE [ Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | WARNING RELATED TO AMAZON PRIME |
|
|
| Author: | Jon [ Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: WARNING RELATED TO AMAZON PRIME |
It's shocking the way big companies can no longer be trusted. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: WARNING RELATED TO AMAZON PRIME |
Prime used to be a good value delivery service. I signed up to it for a year and was very pleased. Upon renewal the cost had tripled and now included video streaming that I don't need so I didn't renew. I'll guess there was probably a free prime offered with something you ordered and wasn't made clear enough that after the free period they would start charging. These are the same tactics that many companies use. They offer a free trial then in the small print you have to cancel by post within a set time period. In Amazons case they already have your CC details so it's not as open. |
|
| Author: | ARTFTE [ Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: WARNING RELATED TO AMAZON PRIME |
Kremmen wrote: Prime used to be a good value delivery service. I signed up to it for a year and was very pleased. Upon renewal the cost had tripled and now included video streaming that I don't need so I didn't renew. I'll guess there was probably a free prime offered with something you ordered and wasn't made clear enough that after the free period they would start charging. These are the same tactics that many companies use. They offer a free trial then in the small print you have to cancel by post within a set time period. In Amazons case they already have your CC details so it's not as open. I'm Pretty sure you've hit the nail on the head Kremmen,and now you mention it, thats exactly what happened. its always better to be FORWARND |
|
| Author: | geezer466 [ Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: WARNING RELATED TO AMAZON PRIME |
Its all in the small print..... You must read and understand it when you click through the boxes do not skip this step you could be signing your life away. Many firms use this tactic now of giving you something free for a Month in the hope you will forget to un-subscribe. Top tip of the day, make a note in your google calendar or on your iphone other mobile phone most have calendar functions these days and cancel the thing in plenty of time. I noticed Amazon's latest trick is to load the price for a next day delivery in the hope people will fall for that. I always plump for the 5 day supersaver (free delivery service) and it usually arrives within 3 days anyway. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: WARNING RELATED TO AMAZON PRIME |
The one that attracted my attention to this was the Experion credit rating site. They offer a free months trial but only if you supply your CC card details. They than make it quite difficult to cancel the ongoing charge. As a result I declined the trial. If the product is that good then they should offer the trial and then anyone impressed would sign up later. |
|
| Author: | geezer466 [ Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: WARNING RELATED TO AMAZON PRIME |
Kremmen wrote: The one that attracted my attention to this was the Experion credit rating site. They offer a free months trial but only if you supply your CC card details. They than make it quite difficult to cancel the ongoing charge. As a result I declined the trial. If the product is that good then they should offer the trial and then anyone impressed would sign up later. Experion are a prime example on how to manipulate the market. Create a scenario where people think that ID theft is widespread and it likely to happen to them. Plenty of stories in the media but almost certainly over inflating the problem Create a market where people's minds can be put at ease. Sit back and listen to the tills going kerching. |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: WARNING RELATED TO AMAZON PRIME |
Kremmen wrote: The one that attracted my attention to this was the Experion credit rating site. They offer a free months trial but only if you supply your CC card details. They than make it quite difficult to cancel the ongoing charge. As a result I declined the trial. If the product is that good then they should offer the trial and then anyone impressed would sign up later. Indeed. Easy peasy to sign up online but to cancel you have to RING them. They rely on inertia.... works on people like me! |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: WARNING RELATED TO AMAZON PRIME |
Jon wrote: Kremmen wrote: The one that attracted my attention to this was the Experion credit rating site. They offer a free months trial but only if you supply your CC card details. They than make it quite difficult to cancel the ongoing charge. As a result I declined the trial. If the product is that good then they should offer the trial and then anyone impressed would sign up later. Indeed. Easy peasy to sign up online but to cancel you have to RING them. They rely on inertia.... works on people like me! In that case would you like to sponsor a snow leopard for £3 a month ? |
|
| Author: | Rich Kid [ Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: WARNING RELATED TO AMAZON PRIME |
Thanks for the warning I was just about to order something on Amazon Prime! I won't be now! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|