WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Legislation - Emotional Abuse Causes Harm To Children
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1725
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Marian [ Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Legislation - Emotional Abuse Causes Harm To Children

At last, on looking on the LBH website, I see that on the subject of Domestic Violence, it is now being acknowledged that children who witness DV are being emotionally abused.

Also, that this is recognised as 'significant harm' in recent legislation.

I have yet to find out which legislation covers this and when it came about, but it can only be a good thing so as to encourage anyone in authority to look further than physical signs of problems amounting to all kinds of Domestic Violence or simply violence.

It seems from this, that appeals from people who may have tried to bring these things to the attention of people in higher places may have been acted on eventually. Children, and adults, especially of a very sensitive nature, can be pushed into shells of shock, fear and anxiety and not be able to speak readily of what they are going through. If the authorities have legislation to turn to and absolute thorough training for their relevant workers assists them to delve deeper, they can discover
early signs and then take steps to prevent the abuser going further with the damage they are causing.

I am unsure when this page was put on the LBH site but am very glad to see it, especially for personal reasons, being one who has written to quite a few people on the subject.

If anyone knows the relevant legislation, ? I would like to know it to read it up.

Thankyou for any help

Marian

Have edited title to add 'children'

Author:  Jon [ Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Emotional Abuse Recognised As Causing 'Significant Harm'

I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who has advice for a woman being terrorised, harrassed and stalked by her grown up alcoholic son. The police have apparently told her there's nothing they can do unless she pays to get an injunction against him.

Author:  Marian [ Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Emotional Abuse Recognised As Causing 'Significant Harm'

Marian wrote:
At last, on looking on the LBH website, I see that on the subject of Domestic Violence, it is now being acknowledged that children who witness DV are being emotionally abused.

Also, that this is recognised as 'significant harm' in recent legislation.

I have yet to find out which legislation covers this and when it came about, but it can only be a good thing so as to encourage anyone in authority to look further than physical signs of problems amounting to all kinds of Domestic Violence or simply violence.

It seems from this, that appeals from people who may have tried to bring these things to the attention of people in higher places may have been acted on eventually. Children, and adults, especially of a very sensitive nature, can be pushed into shells of shock, fear and anxiety and not be able to speak readily of what they are going through. If the authorities have legislation to turn to and absolute thorough training for their relevant workers assists them to delve deeper, they can discover
early signs and then take steps to prevent the abuser going further with the damage they are causing.

I am unsure when this page was put on the LBH site but am very glad to see it, especially for personal reasons, being one who has written to quite a few people on the subject.

If anyone knows the relevant legislation, ? I would like to know it to read it up.

Thankyou for any help

Marian



As I had difficulty locating again the page I had been reading, this is the link

http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/article/16 ... t-children

Author:  Marian [ Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Legislation - Emotional Abuse Causes Harm To Children

In my own search to find out about the 'recent legislation' mentioned on the LBH page I linked my earlier post to I have made a start by finding this BBC article which is relevant, but it was only talking about future legislation. I somehow missed all this, which was so important and interesting for me, and still would like to know when it all became official.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26814427

Author:  Marian [ Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Legislation - Emotional Abuse Causes Harm To Children

I am getting there gradually and have found on 'Changes to legislation.gov.UK' there are several different sections regarding Children & Families Act 2014. It should be interesting reading for those who need to know about the subject.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/