WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Tax Discs are History From October
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1689
Page 1 of 1

Author:  SOT [ Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Tax Discs are History From October

Interesting changes in October when car tax discs are banished to the history books

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... -fine.html

Author:  Kremmen [ Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tax Discs are History From October

This is an interesting change and has a major drawback.

I change my car every 3 years, usually on the 1st March. My current car, in 2016, will have an expiring 'tax disc' at the end of the 29th Feb 2016.

So - how do I legally drive my current car all the way to Surrey to perform the part exchange on the 1st March without taxing it for another 6 months and then presumably claiming back all but one day?

Fortunately I've got 18 months to find out.

Author:  Jon [ Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tax Discs are History From October

Oh dear.It was always said that you got two weeks grace... don't know if that's true.

Author:  Kremmen [ Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tax Discs are History From October

Need to confirm that.

What I don't need is to be picked up on the 1st March by ANPR and sent a £1000 fine for using an untaxed car.

Alternatives include having to drive to the dealer on the 29th Feb and pick up a loaner = hassle
Dealer delivering the car = having a dealer jockey doing 80mph on the motorway in your brand new joy = no way
tax it and claim back = hassle

I'll see what they reckon in 17 months

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/