| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| British Gas https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1472 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Kremmen [ Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | British Gas |
I noted in the news yesterday that when BG implemented their 9.2% rise recently they lost just over a quarter of a million customers. This resulted in a 6% drop in profits. This trend was continuing until the Gov changed some rules and they were able to advertise a small drop and the customers moving has levelled out. Excellent - this is the only thing big companies understand. I've been keeping a close eye on the market as my BG deal ends 28th Feb and I will be using the SwitchwithWhich? site to see if I can a better deal with a smaller company. At the moment BG are still in with a shout as the annual savings are tiny wherever you go. If I switch to Ovo Energy I can save £20 a year over the latest BG Feb 2015 deal - peanuts! |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: British Gas |
Peanuts indeed. It's all a con and a cartel. |
|
| Author: | Lunar [ Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: British Gas |
BG are offering what seems like great deals on new boilers, usually with a cut-off date or offer only available 'today'. Since a neighbour replaced her boiler on one of these deals (it was a good deal considering what they had to do), but the offer is still the same a month later. BG had better be careful about offers that are clearly not genuine offers, just a deal breaker, perhaps putting some people in a position to make a decision rather than seek another quote. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: British Gas |
Must be one heck of a deal then. Some years ago I decided my 27 year old WarmAir system needed replacing. The obvious choice was a newer Johnson & Starley unit that had the same footprint as the old one so was a direct replacement. BG wanted circa £6k but Roberts of Ruislip who are a J&S agent charged £1.6k, work that one out ! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|