WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

ITS ABOUT TIME
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1366
Page 1 of 3

Author:  hayesboy [ Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  ITS ABOUT TIME

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/incoming ... wn-6343144

Author:  Father Ted [ Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ITS ABOUT TIME

I concur with your view however £4.5m spent on a town centre is chicken feed, new paving, cycle lanes, lick of paint, etc, etc, better than it's current guise however Hayes will still be an insignificant, superfluous s**thole primarily peopled by asylum seekers, immigrants, chav's and poor feckers who are stuck there against their will.

Anyone thinking there's going to be a high street full of Gastropub's, Cafe Rouge's and Waitrose's is kidding themselves.

Author:  Bermudan [ Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ITS ABOUT TIME

Yes, that amount will probably only really cover some basic aesthetic improvements, like a lick of paint and some resurfacing of the high street. It's going to take more than money to improve Hayes Town that's for sure. Does anybody know when the Old Vinyl Factory development will start to gather pace? I've seen there are piles of building materials being stored on the wasteland opposite the train station, wonder if it's for the development?

Basically Hayes will not improve until the quality of the residents changes, out with the scum and in with something slightly more affluent. Better quality jobs such as those at Hyde Park Hayes compared to the Nestle factory should nudge this in the right direction - CrossRail will also help by opening up Central London jobs.

Author:  Jon [ Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ITS ABOUT TIME

I don't think referring to other people as 'scum' is very nice, unless they're low life criminals. Opening the town to traffic is a long overdue brainwave, so long as they also allow parking.

Author:  Kremmen [ Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ITS ABOUT TIME

Whoever decided to close off Hayes town needed counselling themselves :)

Opening it up again can only be good for everyone.

Author:  Bermudan [ Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ITS ABOUT TIME

Yes, opening it up will increase traffic flow and make the high street busier, surely a good thing. Not sure where they can put the parking though - but definitely need it.

Jon - I'm quite sure you know what I mean when referring to scum, low life drunks and drug addicts, litterers, grafitti 'artists', religious extremists and the such like. Hard working (and also hard pressed) folk, definitely not scum.

Author:  geezer466 [ Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ITS ABOUT TIME

They can polish it all they like but at the end of the day it will still be!!

Image

Blame the local authority** rather than spreading 'the under privileged' out across the borough they looked to protect areas like Northwood and Ruislip and let them all settle in Hayes.

Hence green belt land having to be given up to build schools to accommodate the broods and the saturation point of most other local services.

** And successive Governments who have allowed unfettered immigration in the interests of diversity and inclusion!!

Harsh words I know but many of us here can remember what it was like back in the 1970's and 80's and I am sure 90%+ would agree it is much worse!! Didn't see groups of young men hanging about in the town centre huddled in the doorways smoking and chatting back then.

It's probably not correct to blame the immigrants either!! They were/are looking to better their lives and followed the existing rules at the time in order to do so.
Nothing most who write here would have done to 'better their lot' if they had the chance.

Author:  Father Ted [ Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ITS ABOUT TIME

Satan will be getting Central Heating installed the day Phil Spencer and Kirstie Allsop come to 'ayes ! :lol:

Author:  Moley [ Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ITS ABOUT TIME

geezer466 wrote:
.....Blame the local authority** rather than spreading 'the under privileged' out across the borough they looked to protect areas like Northwood and Ruislip and let them all settle in Hayes.



I live in Northwood, in social housing. I can assure you it is not all sweetness and light in this part of the borough.

Author:  Lunar [ Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ITS ABOUT TIME

Hayes for me as a child of the early 70 was the best place seen through the eyes of a child, I guess any town would have the same feelings. As I grew up, EMI shutting down, Benlow works and Callards shutting down, took the life out of the town. £4.5Million will not make a dent in the regeneration of the town, it will not attract the big high street retailers to move in. The new apartments near the station are not full of the people the advertisers elaborate video lead you to believe (I didn't for 1 second). Everyone I spoke to said that these apartments would be purchased by estate agents and property investors to let to the local authorities it fill. I moved out of the town in 1978, that's 35yrs ago and it has not improved in all that time. I will not be alive to see Hayes a thriving working town it once was. It will thrive but it will become, as it is already, a place for a certain section of the community only!

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/