WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Lies and statistics
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1326
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jon [ Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:54 am ]
Post subject:  Lies and statistics

I remember reading a year after the smoking bans came in that there had been a 40% reduction in heart attacks as a result.

I remember too thinking what a total load of tosh that claim must be. For a start, when the smoking ban came in you started seeing hordes of smokers outside the pubs and bingo halls smoking.... so they were still smoking, just outside!

Unless of course the claim was that the 40% reduction was due to other people no longer "passive" smoking, which would be even more ridiculous.

So.... I was pleased to stumble across this article which exposes how totally fake the claims were, even though they were reported in all the national papers and broadcast media:

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/7451

Author:  Kremmen [ Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Lies and statistics

As you say, lies and statistics.

You just can't believe anyone in authority these days.

Author:  davrob [ Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lies and statistics

Whenever such stories emerge it's always best to ask the question "Who says?". That's something I learned when studying History.

Author:  geezer466 [ Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lies and statistics

davrob wrote:
Whenever such stories emerge it's always best to ask the question "Who says?". That's something I learned when studying History.


Only the winners get to 'write history'....

Explains why there are not very many French history books.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/