| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| LBH Social Services https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1306 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Moley [ Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | LBH Social Services |
2 years ago I asked my Housing Association if I could have my bath converted to a walk in shower because I have a spinal condition which makes it difficult to step into a bath. Housing Association said yes, we can do that but we have to receive an assesment from your Local Authority first before we can go ahead. July 10th 2012 I get a letter from The Occupational Therapy Team , Disability Service at LBH confirming they have received a referral requesting an assessment. The letter goes on to say that ' due to a large demand on the service, there is a delay in assessments ' 'Please be assured that we will be in contact with you as soon as we are able to visit '. Fair enough, I understand Local Authorities are under pressure and I accepted that. During the months of waiting I phoned them several times to see if there was any progress. I finally received a letter on September 23rd 2013 ( 14 months later ) to arrange an appointment. The appointment was made for October 15th 2013. Today ( October 4th 2013 ) I received a phone call telling me that the appointment is cancelled. The reason ? Emergencies apparently. When I asked what emergencies could be foreseen 11 days ahead the reason given was staff holidays and sickness, leading to a shortage of staff. I don't blame the front line staff, they are just following orders, but what on earth is going on ? A 14 month wait just to be told my appointment is cancelled. Slight apologies for my moan and I have got it off my chest, but folk really need to wake up to what is happening out there in the real world. M |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: LBH Social Services |
Dear Sir Due to my severe disabilities I have been unable to take a bath or wash myself properly in the last 2 years. I am concious that I do not give off a pleasant odour as many people do seem to avoid me in enclosed areas but this situation is unfortunately out of my hands and with the civil servants. I will attend your offices at the soonest opportunity to discuss this matter face to face. yours sincerely If they can predict advance sickness then what do they have - a sick rota ? |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: LBH Social Services |
Just incredible and disgusting. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|