| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Bike Racks https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=127 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Lindsay [ Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Bike Racks |
Hillingdon council are consulting residents in Melbourne House about installing cycle racks as residents are creating a serious health and safety issue by storing bikes on their balconies and in communal areas (although I have not seen any bikes stored in communal areas). Not sure anyone would be willing to risk leaving their bikes in a rack in an area of high theft and asb! I would be interested to know what are the "serious" health and safety implications of storing a bike on your balcony! |
|
| Author: | geezer466 [ Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Bike Racks |
We are approaching the end of the Financial year. Perhaps LBH has some money left in a budget somewhere it needs to spend and thinks a few bike racks would look nice? |
|
| Author: | SOT [ Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Bike Racks |
Lindsay, it's a fair point about bikes in communal corridors, as there have been numerous high rise fires and many deaths in such fires in recent years and both the the fire service and councils are rightly making fire safety at such accommodation a top priority. However, I agree with you though, I can't see what the H&S issues are regarding storage of bikes on balconies as long as the majority of the bike is below the handrail (and therefore not likely to topple over). Even then, a ban would be overkill. |
|
| Author: | Lindsay [ Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Bike Racks |
SOT wrote: Lindsay, it's a fair point about bikes in communal corridors, as there have been numerous high rise fires and many deaths in such fires in recent years and both the the fire service and councils are rightly making fire safety at such accommodation a top priority. However, I agree with you though, I can't see what the H&S issues are regarding storage of bikes on balconies as long as the majority of the bike is below the handrail (and therefore not likely to topple over). Even then, a ban would be overkill. I do agree that bikes in coridoors would be a problem, but I have leafleted the block numerous times over the past 10 years and I have never come across a bike in a communal area. Anything left in communal areas is not likely to stay there for long. The balcony surround is chest high, so there is no chance of a bike "falling over the edge". |
|
| Author: | ARTFTE [ Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Bike Racks |
I think They would need a large Roof
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|