| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Heathrow Expansion https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1160 |
Page 1 of 4 |
| Author: | Kremmen [ Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Heathrow Expansion |
So according to the Uxbridge Gazette online just over half the people surveyed agree to the expansion of Heathrow !!! http://www.uxbridgegazette.co.uk/west-l ... -33485664/ Well considering the survey was conducted by the airport this result id hardly surprising. I seem to recall when the affected councils performed the same exercise recently with considerably more respondents the expansion agreement was more like 10%. |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Heathrow Expansion |
I think a lot of people not directly affected quote like the idea. |
|
| Author: | firestorm [ Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Heathrow Expansion |
Not surprising seeing as so many rely upon it for their income, myself included. How many people would become unemployed/unemployable within the local area if Heathrow was replaced by a new Super Hub somewhere else? Reading an item in the news today, Expansion at Heathrow would be 7 years faster and a lot cheaper than building a new airport, Who would have thought it.. |
|
| Author: | firestorm [ Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Heathrow Expansion |
Oh.. and the Unemployable refers to the people who have a position within Heathrow but do very little work and would find it a hugh strain on the well being if they had to do a proper job in the real world....I kid you not. |
|
| Author: | Moley [ Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Heathrow Expansion |
firestorm wrote: Oh.. and the Unemployable refers to the people who have a position within Heathrow but do very little work and would find it a hugh strain on the well being if they had to do a proper job in the real world....I kid you not. I suggest you watch the programme BBC2 are screening this week Firestorm. ' Airport Live ' at 8pm. The vast majority of staff at Heathrow work incredibly hard, often under difficult conditions, and working riduculous shifts. |
|
| Author: | firestorm [ Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Heathrow Expansion |
Moley wrote: I suggest you watch the programme BBC2 are screening this week Firestorm. ' Airport Live ' at 8pm. The vast majority of staff at Heathrow work incredibly hard, often under difficult conditions, and working ridiculous shifts. As I mentioned in my post, I do work there too. I know how hard some work but I also see the ones who walk around all day looking like the are busy but do nothing. As for the shifts. It's the choices some people make when taking a job that involves working them hours. Some enjoy it others don't. Myself, I work normal hours and am glad for it. |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Heathrow Expansion |
That's a great programme. Really enjoyed episode one, haven't seen episode 2 yet. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Heathrow Expansion |
Talking of airport workers have you seen this muppet: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/321147/VIDEO-Airport-worker-throws-packages-onto-plane-barely-/ |
|
| Author: | firestorm [ Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Heathrow Expansion |
Two days to go.. "Airports have until 19 July to submit their preferred options to the Airports Commission, also known as the Davies Commission after its chairman Sir Howard Davies". Choices on the table include Expansion plans at Gatwick, Standsted and Heathrow, New build of either an Inner or Outer Thames Estuary Airport. Quote from Boris "Mr Johnson said London needed to match foreign cities which had constructed "mega airports", and said anyone who believed that was possible at Heathrow was "quite simply crackers". His plan also includes creating a new town housing up to 250,000 people on the Heathrow site once the airport closed." Now I know I work at Heathrow and rely on it as do approximately 75.000 others not including the businesses around Heathrow that support it's functions. The lose of Heathrow and the thought of a "New Town" being built to house 250000 more people who I would presume will come from abroad fills me with dread... |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:18 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Heathrow Expansion |
Isn't it always the Heathrow managers and interested parties that always reckon that the UK will be in serious trouble if Heathrow isn't expanded !!! There is no realistic room for Heathrow to be expanded into with transport links already at breaking point. A new, open site is the answer. |
|
| Page 1 of 4 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|