WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Freeview
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1150
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Kremmen [ Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:50 am ]
Post subject:  Freeview

Why are the Gov so stupid to give out FreeView clashing frequencies to these 4G operators ?

We've only just been deprived of Analogue and forced onto Freeview only for it to be potentially trashed in the near future.

I've posted elsewhere about this and the resident geek squad just say, switch to FreeSat or Internet TV. I don't want or need either as I have a perfectly good working system with hidden aerial wires from a single roof aerial to 3 TV's in different rooms.

It's the older pensioners I feel sorry for who are not tech savvy.

Author:  Jon [ Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Freeview

Just crazy.

Author:  Kremmen [ Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Freeview

It's almost like the alternative TV boys have bankrolled someone to trash Freeview

Author:  Moley [ Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Freeview

As a subsciber to Which magazine I seem to recall they recently said the negative effects of 4g on Freeview have been vastly overrated. I cant find the report offhand, but I think it also said funds are available for anyone affected to have it rectified ??

Don't quote me on that though.

Author:  Sunshine [ Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Freeview

My mother in law had a postcard about it telling her that if she gets any problems to ring a free phone number and they will send her a booster for her aerial free of charge.

She lives in Slough and is in her 80s

Author:  Kremmen [ Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Freeview

Yes, the solution is a free standalone filter that you put somewhere along your aerial coax line.

I've got 3 TV's all being run from a single roof aerial on a splitter in the loft so if I need one it will need to go in the loft before the splitter.

As you say though the initial fears seem to be vastly overrated.

If it interferes with Strictly, Big Brother or any of the soaps then I doubt I will need a filter :lol:

Author:  Sunshine [ Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Freeview

She has two televisions running on separate aerials so let's hope she gets no problems or we may have to go begging for a second filter

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/