| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Is anyone else suffering from a virus ?? https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1091 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Moley [ Wed May 01, 2013 6:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | Is anyone else suffering from a virus ?? |
Please bear with me, Im asking a genuine question. A few weeks ago I was diagnosed by my GP ( over the phone ) with a viral infection which attacked the nerves and muscles, rendering me pretty much unable to move. Ive been taking antibiotics and although they have helped, Im still struggling to recover some 6 weeks later. From recent conversations with a number of people it seems I'm far from being the only person to be affected with very similar symptoms. Ignoring the usual aches and pains which I expect at my age, this virus has all but wiped me out, and shows no real signs of abating. Im just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing a similar condition in recent weeks ? |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Wed May 01, 2013 7:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is anyone else suffering from a virus ?? |
Fortunately no and no one I know has it either. I do hope you soon get over over it as it sounds really nasty |
|
| Author: | jim [ Wed May 01, 2013 8:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is anyone else suffering from a virus ?? |
SO FAR SO GOOD but then some things just come out of the blue, hope you shift it soon. |
|
| Author: | Pam [ Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is anyone else suffering from a virus ?? |
Poor you Moley, you don't need this now. Hope you're better soon. x |
|
| Author: | geezer466 [ Wed May 01, 2013 7:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is anyone else suffering from a virus ?? |
My Mum has been fighting a particularly nasty bladder infection for the last Month or so and is on a long term course of anti biotic. Not heard about any other viruses doing the rounds though.. |
|
| Author: | john [ Wed May 01, 2013 11:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is anyone else suffering from a virus ?? |
I think it's caled the conservative partnership virus It bleed you dry , but still pours money away abroad It mutated from the labour virus , that poured it into the Olympics , when we were broke |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is anyone else suffering from a virus ?? |
No Moley. Sounds bad you poor thing. My dad got a very nasty one last year. |
|
| Author: | Westonman [ Thu May 02, 2013 9:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is anyone else suffering from a virus ?? |
Moley, you have my fullest sympathy. I honestly wish you well, and soon. I know something of what you are going through. I have suffered from regular bouts of bladder and prostate infections for the last 12 years. Rarely going any longer than about 3 months before another flare up occurs. I recently had to endure a 6 week coarse of very strong antibiotics. Very nasty stuff; the 'cure' makes you feel worse than the original condition – inside and out. Some of the side-effects these antibiotics produce can be quite disabling. I am now on a daily small dose of antibiotics as a prophylactic, to try to prevent a further flare up. The long term side effects are, the antibiotics gradually weaken our own immune system. On the plus side, I know of a man who has been prescribed a low dose antibiotic as a prophylactic for over 13 years. He's fine as long as he doesn't forget to take his daily pill. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Thu May 02, 2013 1:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is anyone else suffering from a virus ?? |
I feel for both of you, being on long term medication is no fun. My Mrs is similar, I had to get one of those black and yellow Stanley divider boxes from B&Q to store and separate all her pills. And, every compartment has something in it. All I can remember is: Tramadol (pain) Co-Dydramol (pain) Aspirin (heart) Flecanoid (heart) Thyroxin (Thyroid) Bisopral (gastric) ... plus another 2 or 3 I can't remember as I'm in the office |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Fri May 03, 2013 1:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is anyone else suffering from a virus ?? |
My mum and dad are on all sorts too... looks like a sweet shop when all the pills are being sorted! |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|