| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Tesco into kitchens now??? https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1011 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Jon [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | Tesco into kitchens now??? |
Do they want to take over the whole world? I've just seen an ad on our photo albums for Tesco KITCHENS! Where will it all end?? I wonder if you can just build it online, add it to your basket and then click for home delivery? |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tesco into kitchens now??? |
They are into almost everything. As much as I dislike Tesco for a lot of things, if they have a reliable complaints department then it could be worth investigating. The main problem could be the sub contractors they will probably use which as we know can be hit or miss. |
|
| Author: | geezer466 [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tesco into kitchens now??? |
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/mar/13/tesco-buys-giraffe-child-friendly-restaurants Quote: Tesco buys child-friendly restaurant chain Giraffe for £50m Purchase underlines determination to make supermarkets more attractive retail destinations for families Prepare for all their cafe's to be remodelled where they will put up prices 100% to 'reflect' the trade name and surroundings. They are trying to recreate a type of rainforest cafe or hard rock cafe where because the branding name demands Kudos they can charge the earth for delivering ordinary and standard burger fare. |
|
| Author: | SOT [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tesco into kitchens now??? |
I have noted how much effort Tescos have made when publicising their Giraffe takeover. It is obvious that after weeks of them being in the news for all the wrong reasons, their PR team are driving this positive news for their brand, rather than being pushed around by the bad (horsemeat) agenda I was listening to the radio and some retail analysts are saying that Tesco have identified 'spare' retail space in many of their bigger stores as competition and over superstore development is now at or near it's peak. Re modelling their boring in house Tesco cafe's to Giraffe restaurants is a crowd puller and a pretty shrewd move I reckon. Lets hope that not too many Giraffe staff elsewhere pay the price of redundancy for this takeover BTW - It's not just kitchens they are doing; http://www.tescobathrooms.com/bathroom- ... tAodmlAA3Q |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tesco into kitchens now??? |
I have been organising new double glazing for our house and found that Tesco were willing to come round and give us a quote. We didn't bother with them and got a local company instead |
|
| Author: | jim [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tesco into kitchens now??? |
Sunshine wrote: I have been organising new double glazing for our house and found that Tesco were willing to come round and give us a quote. We didn't bother with them and got a local company instead Probably the same company that Tesco would have sent and taken a commission |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tesco into kitchens now??? |
Quite likely! I suppose I would have collected a few points though |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|