WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

ALL 281 Local Tax Offices to Close
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1004
Page 1 of 1

Author:  SOT [ Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:43 pm ]
Post subject:  ALL 281 Local Tax Offices to Close

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21789759

I went to the Harrow office in November who were very helpful with a tax problem so complicated, a telephone conversation would not have been able to clear it up.

OK, they are saving £13m, but they will also probably be able to hang on to £millions more too by obstructing - indeed, removing this help. Disgusting

Author:  geezer466 [ Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ALL 281 Local Tax Offices to Close

HMRC have by and large forced the application of all their rules onto the taxpayer.

Unless you are on PAYE then you have to work out how much you pay submit your tax return and do both by Jan 31st every year (online) Or get an accountant to do it. (My preferred option).

The accountant sends in the returns online and I settle the tax bill by using my debit card online as I would any other purchase.

If I don't do this then I am liable to be fined and to pay interest on what I owe them.....

The onus is on me to do pretty much everything, I have a choice to employ a professional or not.

If I screw up they can fine me anyway, with no advice there are much more chances of screw ups= more revenue for the Government.

Same reason why they have backtracked on minimum alcohol pricing due to the loss of revenue for the Exchequer....

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/