News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 5:25 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Based on my average usage EDF have calculated my combined gas and electric bills next year will be approximately £700. I can't stand the cold so I tend to have the heating ( gas ) on a lot. My water bill ( metered ) has hardly increased at all in the last 5 years, about £175 a year.

Thats for a 1 bedroom flat.

Moley :|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
every morning 6am I open my windows wide, then climb in and go to bed :) :)

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
jim wrote:
every morning 6am I open my windows wide, then climb in and go to bed :) :)

:lol: :lol:

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 288
years ago hospital bed would be wheeled outside
it kept down infections , like MRSA etc
now hospitals are too hot , no windows opened
and thats why office workers are always going sick , at my work anyway
not the smokers though , as they get out side a few times a day
field engineers dont go sick , for the same reason
answer , just like at my house , i have the heating on , and windows wide open


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
You're right there John ! I grew up and lived into my 20's in a house with no heating and aside from the odd cold I was fine ! I hate the stuffy dry heat in a house when all the windows are closed ... you can feel it drying you out :(

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I'm in our dining room at the moment and the back door is wide open. We have no heating on and I'm quite comfortable with it. I often switch the central heating off in the evening because I can't bear it. It is just too stuffy.

(we have the back door open to let the dog in and out)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 288
trouble is you dont have a dog


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
What makes you think that?

Next time I switch the PC on I will post a picture of him. He is shut in now because it is too cold to have the door open this evening


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
Sunshine wrote:
He is shut in now because it is too cold to have the door open this evening

should have got a Husky ;) ;)

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Wait till you see the picture of her dog Jim!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke