Sunshine wrote:
Well said Geezer and Kremmen. If people abusing underage girls got punished properly (not just a slapped wrist) then I'm sure others would think twice about doing it.
The trouble is and by posting this I will be labelled racist by some people there is a real problem in some ethnic sections of our communities.
Some of these people (and I do not generalise) see these young girls as 'fair game'. Now is that a cultural thing or what I don't know but clearly it is behaviour which may be acceptable elsewhere in the world but it very much despised in the UK.
Part of the failings in Rochdale and other cases in the north of England (google Charlene Downes) is because the police were told to back off in the worry that a fully fledged investigation would determine just how much of a problem this is.
Matters apparently made a lot worse by a criminal justice system that is in total denial and is immobilised into inactivity for fear of being branded racist. Even faced with the facts and the statistics of which they are normally so enamoured, they continue to refuse to acknowledge that a very considerable problem exists.
As I said above there are a number of cases like the Rochdale/Oldham one in the justice system waiting to come before the courts the nine we saw yesterday are but the first. The Telegraph alluded to the fact a few Months ago but never repeated the claim probably because they were leant on!