News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 6:18 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
Car sales have always been a good economic indicator of how things will perform going forward and have been for the last 50 years :(

Interestingly the UK has risen slightly on these figures but the rest are truly shocking..

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/eu-car-sales-drop-14th-consecutive.html

Quote:
EU Car Sales Drop 14th Consecutive Month; Car Sales Plunge 20.1% in Italy, 20.3% in Spain, 19.2% in France, 3.5% in Germany, Rise in UK
Read more at http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot. ... vqdqZHa.99


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
Not surprised with a) the economic meltdown, b) rip off petrol prices and rip off petrol taxes and c) all the anti car measures across Europe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
I'm due to change mine next April. Just hoping the current discounts are still available :)

It will be a Honda Civic 1.8 EX Auto, with all the toys :D

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I have been driving an auto lately and love it. I won't go back to driving a car with manual transmission if I can help it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
I drove my first auto circa 1973 (Austin 2200) and I was smitten straight away. I've had auto's ever since.

I got one of those automated manuals for my last car and it was horrendous in comparison. Honda obviously agreed and they have now completely dropped their old i-shift box and the Civic is now a full proper torque converter auto.

I know the VW DSG gets good reviews but it's still not as good, especially at slow parking speeds. Also, if you get a DSG problem out of warranty then I hope your sitting down when they tell you how much they are to fix.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I had a Vauxhall Cavalier a few years back that was auto and I scrapped that when it was 15 years old not because of any transmission problems. I suppose it's a chance you take.

I have a Nissan Note and it's a nice bright colour, auto and very nippy around town. I will drive anywhere at any time in it. I love my little Japanese car .......


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke